An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
Koolkidcharles wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:51 pm
Yes I would love more details. Do the 10in tires rub when they’re fully inflated? And if I not wrong I think your installing led lights? I see the holes on the frame.
Good eye! but it may be slightly different than you think. I'm putting in lights inside the deck but not to where they're visible.. just so there's a glow from inside the board.. RBG of course :) The decks are hollow and don't go thru to the battery compartment at all, so i'll be drilling another small hole to run wires but haven't figured out how i'm going to install the lights without cutting out a chunk of metal behind the battery (wanting to avoid this).

Anyway the 10" tires do not rub at all on the rear but they do if you leave the mud guard on the front.. which I was planning on removing anyway. I love the way the new tires feel tho, it's a very different ride and you can feel the height difference. I am going to have to make a new kickstand tho because with it being taller the stock kickstand is pretty useless. I got most of the parts form ali-expresss including the stainless steel battery cover on the bottom. Nobody can see it when I'm riding but just adds stability and protects the battery compartment even more.

I wish they'd develop some micro-tech for the BMS and Controller like they have on cell phones..but i'm sure some of it is because you need room enough to run thick enough wires not to melt thru.. if they could reduce the size of the controller or make it a cylinder and put it in the neck, then you'd have enough room for more batteries in the bottom. ah well, just ideas.
f**k dude. That scooter is f**king HARD.
I really like the look you gave it. You got that Mad Max, industrial, 'well broken in' thing is workin for ya.
Thats really cool. You made it look like its a lot heavier and stronger than it really is and that say something about your design elements. Good work.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:34 pm
f**k dude. That scooter is f**king HARD.
I really like the look you gave it. You got that Mad Max, industrial, 'well broken in' thing is workin for ya.
Thats really cool. You made it look like its a lot heavier and stronger than it really is and that say something about your design elements. Good work.
Thanks man! Yeah I was going for the future/cyberpunk, minimal, madmax kinda vibe.. still not sure if i'm going do lights as it might detract from the design, but as is right now there's no reflectors or anything on it so other than the headlight it's prob not very safe lol. Anything else you can see that you think would look good done to it?
By Android
tengtengvn wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:12 pm
jventura wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:54 am
@tengtengvn I would like more information on how you did this. Does it work well, or does the scooter struggle? Any side effects in the long run doing this? Does it feel safe doing this? How did you connect it?
IMO, it's perfectly safe.
The trailer's coupler is directly bolt on, no modification needed. The scooter has plenty of power to tow the trailer with my one kid inside. I could barely notice that I was riding a scooter with a trailer.

This is what I was looking for. How long did it take to install it? I am assuming as long as it takes on a bike and that installation process, tools needed are the same?

Please let me know.

Secondly, do you think same can be done on ninebot scooter on Costco?
Did you finish this project?
LAskooter213 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:55 am
My latest creation. Itll run 60 volts, dual motors, with a continental kit. She may have a nice finish on her, but she's far from done. Heres a sneak peak and a short clip.... Ill post again when its completed. Stay up...
- LA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u-Tub ... QPRV6WMO2P

Mark Harrison wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:49 pm
I'm running custom firmware and can get max about 25mph but normal speed around 19-20mph.

Let me know if you'd like more details on the upgrades that I've done, not all are shown here.
Would you mind sharing how you achieved 25mph? I'm running custom as well and max is 20pmh for me.
Is it the wheel size that's adding speed? Thanks.
Mark Harrison wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:49 pm
Did some customization to an M365 that I've been working on for a while. The next upgrade will be an additional battery and Zero motor. I'm running custom firmware and can get max about 25mph but normal speed around 19-20mph.

Let me know if you'd like more details on the upgrades that I've done, not all are shown here.

Damn.. Very clean look, congrats, I think my favourite custom m365 thay I have ever seen, only thing that worries me is the exposed motor cable, otherwise perfect 👌 By the way witch brand is the clamp for the stem? looks really good, I guess the scooter feels much more solid with the clamp
Last edited by Kavinsky on Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]