Guille MT wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 pm
Lime-itator wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:33 am
Guille MT wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 am
Last month I got a Ninebot ES3 (ES1 with external battery) from Lime. I ordered a control board and a dashboard from China and they finally arrived, here are my conclusions after installing them:
- You need both parts to convert the scooter, after installing them and connecting to your phone you'll get error 35. This is fixed by changing the serial number via the app.
- After you've changed the serial number the scooter is fully unlocked and works just as the commercial model.
- You can use the Lime dashboard again once the serial number is updated, the scooter will remain fully functional but the screen won't turn on and you won't be able to connect it with your phone.
- If you're unable to change the serial number (a customer support account is needed for that) you can still use the scooter, pressing the throttle while you turn it on and then releasing it.
- If only the dashboard is replaced you'll get error 21 (unable to communicate with the internal battery), and the scooter will remain in a locked status.
I managed to get another dashboard but when I try to change the serial number using a service account, the app tells me that the serial number is incorrect even if the typed SN is correct..
How did you change the serial number without getting any error ?
Hello, sorry to hear that. What I did was:
1. Find the scooter's original SN (should be printed in a sticker in the bottom), which was N2GLI followed by 9 characters.
2. Change the scooter's SN to N2GEA*********, keeping the last 9 characters from the scooter's original SN.
Doing this worked perfectly for me, but it was just luck and the app didn't allow me to change the SN number again so I can't check with different numbers. Follow these steps under your own responsibility and please tell us if it works for you!
Hm ok but he also says it was just luck and he can't change it again.
Well I might give it a last try and order the same board...