An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Marsdosh wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:53 pm
I have a question, I buy this:
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32837049 ... 6c37pn0Ke4
But how do you recharge the battery after?
I already have a charger for my M365, I can use the one?
I would make a video to show you the editing and full connection a little later
Previously i made an similar post\question, my doubt is if we can charge the battery throught the charging Port, because the charging port is connected to the battery throught the white conector (wires with diode inside). The battery is connected to the motor controller throught the yellow XT-60 connector.

or if we must charge the battery only throught the XT-60 connector (and we must disconnect him first from the motor controller).
To the people that have used this chinese Motor Controller:

Did you put (or think about it) one Switch\Button\Circuit to turn ON or OFF the conection to the battery ? I'm worried because i don't want to leave this controller always ON and i dont want disconnect the XT60 everytime..

But its difficult find one DC Switch ~45V - 10-15A...
jforum wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:19 pm
To the people that have used this chinese Motor Controller:

Did you put (or think about it) one Switch\Button\Circuit to turn ON or OFF the conection to the battery ? I'm worried because i don't want to leave this controller always ON and i dont want disconnect the XT60 everytime..

But its difficult find one DC Switch ~45V - 10-15A...
The power connector has 1 thick red wire and a thin one. If you connect the thin one to battery+ the controller turns on, so just add a switch there and you will be ok. If you want to completely disconnect from the battery like you said, just install an xt60 connector and unplug it everytime u don't use it
Hi all,
proponent of the "clean" solution, why replace the whole ESC, when you only need to tell the current one it's OK to move.

In theory, it would go something like this:
Acquire any UART capable devboard, I went with Arduino Nano (because of integrated USB and small size)
Prep a program to sniff the unlocking command from GPS to ESC (PM for source) at baud rate 115200 8N1
Remove four TX25 screws behind green box (LBCAT-S)
Ignore the other black dangly cable, carefully strip the grey cable connected to the inner of scooter.
Strip black (GND) and yellow (GPS TX > ESC RX) cable.
Connect your sniffer, get your laptop ready.
Unlock scooter via legitimate means (rent, lime juicer, whatever)
Get your golden nuclear codes ;)
Put scooter back together and return it in the app.
???
PROFIT!!!!

For your auctioned scooter, you can remove the GPS box completely, short blue wire to red one (to bring 36V power to ESC) and replay the command you acquired.

Bonus points for sourcing voltage regulator that can step down the 36V (red wire) to 5V for Arduino to use and run.

BTW if anybody has the right 5A A5 ** ** command to send to the scooter, I am more than happy to exchange knowledge.
PM me for any questions (like Arduino source code etc.)
amellado wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:35 pm
Zik wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 am
ZombieScoots wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 am
Looks like the ES4 has some new way of wiring that doesn’t fit the motherboard you purchased. So it definitely won’t be plug and play. But I’m sure a new clip can be added
Yes in deed, I did found an abandoned Lime, looks like a ES2, don't have a external battery just a GPS module in front and this is the motherboard that I found.

1. Charging port
2. This is connected through the tube to the lower part of the scooter
3. Dashboard connection
4. Connection to battery
5. Goes down through the tube to the lower part of scooter passing by a long rail just in front of battery.
6. To battery
7. That cable was unplugged. I assume to connect directly to a kind of programing interface.
8. That cable goes to GPS module, I assume one of them brings the signal to the motherboard to turn on the scooter.

Userhost wrote:Anyone know how to open the plastic, rectangular Bird head unit non-destructively? I don't want to break anything, but I'm interested in seeing how these things work. The non-destructive part is important because I want to return this Bird to service once I'm done studying it.
And this is the GPS module

Just opened

As you can see the circuit on the left holds the SIM card

Connection description

Pink arrow cable comes from motherboard.

Yellow cable it's the connection between that circuit and the big circuit to the left that holds the SIM card. I assume the white or the orange cable says to other circuit turn on the scooter.

The red arrow cable it's unplugged cable that I found in the back of module. I assume for programing.

So now I ask.

There's any way to replace the motherboard of this model? It's very different than the original one.

Or just run a jumper wires from one side to the other two complete connectivity and omit the SIM card entirely?
hello ,where has the gps lime scooter been located?
does anyone have the green lime button from the lime es2 dashboard they want to sell or trade. i used a lime dash to free a bird with rubber deck pad that said spin and bird on the handlebars tube and noone could tell what company used to own it. i want more green lime buttons
ondraondra wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:19 pm
Hi all,
proponent of the "clean" solution, why replace the whole ESC, when you only need to tell the current one it's OK to move.

In theory, it would go something like this:
Acquire any UART capable devboard, I went with Arduino Nano (because of integrated USB and small size)
Prep a program to sniff the unlocking command from GPS to ESC (PM for source) at baud rate 115200 8N1
Remove four TX25 screws behind green box (LBCAT-S)
Ignore the other black dangly cable, carefully strip the grey cable connected to the inner of scooter.
Strip black (GND) and yellow (GPS TX > ESC RX) cable.
Connect your sniffer, get your laptop ready.
Unlock scooter via legitimate means (rent, lime juicer, whatever)
Get your golden nuclear codes ;)
Put scooter back together and return it in the app.
???
PROFIT!!!!

For your auctioned scooter, you can remove the GPS box completely, short blue wire to red one (to bring 36V power to ESC) and replay the command you acquired.

Bonus points for sourcing voltage regulator that can step down the 36V (red wire) to 5V for Arduino to use and run.

BTW if anybody has the right 5A A5 ** ** command to send to the scooter, I am more than happy to exchange knowledge.
PM me for any questions (like Arduino source code etc.)
Why bother anyway when you can get another controller, and have more control and power output over the scooter? They only good reason to do something like this, is to sell the bug over to lime for some cash
Anybody seems any like this ? Im with a big problem a scooter with a brushless controller dc 36v i cant turn it on i identify some wires , motor , hall sensor , battery ,brake lights with 3 cables , led bars and i need to know were goes the throttle, i can turn on the brake lights and they are blinking , anybody can help me ?
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]