An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Milan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:23 pm
I've found a way to unlock a lime/bird scooter without buying a new control board (and manage to make it speed up to 37 km/h):

What you will need:

1. A lime/bird scooter which is from ninebot model ES 1/2/3/4
2. A new original dashboard for the ES Scooter
3. An Android Phone

Step 1:

Remove the handle bar from the scooter. Then put in the new dashboard and throw the lime/bird dashboard away.

Step 2:

Download this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e&hl=en_US

Step 3:
Make a custom firmware by using the following site:
ninebot.scooterhacking.org
If you want to unlock the speed then patch the maximum speed parameter to 37

Step 4:
Download the firmware and open up the ESdownG app.

Step 5:
Start up your dashboard and connect to it via the ESdownG app.
Click the "check Ver" button
Then click "open bin" and choose the firmware you've just downloaded.
After the firmware is loaded click "flash bin" and wait until the app shows "done".

You can now use your lime/bird scooter.

Enjoy and thank me later ;)

Milan

Does this method work guys?
Sc00tr wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:52 pm
When you say isn’t working, do you mean it just doesn’t work at all or it displays an error?
discy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:57 pm
ive converted a few es4 birds with just the dash and it was plug and play, but now this trick isnt working on the latest ones ive gotten. will a new controller do the trick? i have no experience with soldering.
the dash turns on but but nothing responds. no headlight, no throttle, can not connect to app.
So no error code?
Or does it just display 0?
discy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:49 pm
Sc00tr wrote:
When you say isn’t working, do you mean it just doesn’t work at all or it displays an error?
discy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:57 pm
ive converted a few es4 birds with just the dash and it was plug and play, but now this trick isnt working on the latest ones ive gotten. will a new controller do the trick? i have no experience with soldering.
the dash turns on but but nothing responds. no headlight, no throttle, can not connect to app.
just 0
Sc00tr wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 pm
So no error code?
discy wrote:
Sc00tr wrote:

samzone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:16 pm
it will not work because at soon you disconnect the gps system they force the control board to go in protection mode and when the control board is in any error state it will not downgrade or upgrade
Is this model specific or for all of the current Bird/Lime scooters? Is the only solution swapping the control board as well?

I made the mistake of buying 3, two bird M365 & one ES1 at auction with the goal of converting them for personal use and already ordered new control boards.
MSin wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:28 pm
samzone wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:16 pm
it will not work because at soon you disconnect the gps system they force the control board to go in protection mode and when the control board is in any error state it will not downgrade or upgrade
Is this model specific or for all of the current Bird/Lime scooters? Is the only solution swapping the control board as well?

I made the mistake of buying 3, two bird M365 & one ES1 at auction with the goal of converting them for personal use and already ordered new control boards.
i hear that the m365 i just buy the dashboard plug and downgrade the firmware thru the Bluetooth and should be fine but you need to try to see if they still work because i think all this companys at soon they realize the easy way people hack the scooter they start incorporate the lock mode feature in the control boards
Generic dashboard do not display error codes correctly, only the oem ones do, so yours isn’t original I’m guessing?
discy wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:14 pm
just 0
Sc00tr wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:20 pm
So no error code?
discy wrote:

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]