An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
ondraondra wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:19 pm
Hi all,
proponent of the "clean" solution, why replace the whole ESC, when you only need to tell the current one it's OK to move.

In theory, it would go something like this:
Acquire any UART capable devboard, I went with Arduino Nano (because of integrated USB and small size)
Prep a program to sniff the unlocking command from GPS to ESC (PM for source) at baud rate 115200 8N1
Remove four TX25 screws behind green box (LBCAT-S)
Ignore the other black dangly cable, carefully strip the grey cable connected to the inner of scooter.
Strip black (GND) and yellow (GPS TX > ESC RX) cable.
Connect your sniffer, get your laptop ready.
Unlock scooter via legitimate means (rent, lime juicer, whatever)
Get your golden nuclear codes ;)
Put scooter back together and return it in the app.
???
PROFIT!!!!

For your auctioned scooter, you can remove the GPS box completely, short blue wire to red one (to bring 36V power to ESC) and replay the command you acquired.

Bonus points for sourcing voltage regulator that can step down the 36V (red wire) to 5V for Arduino to use and run.

BTW if anybody has the right 5A A5 ** ** command to send to the scooter, I am more than happy to exchange knowledge.
PM me for any questions (like Arduino source code etc.)
I have been sniffing the serial traffic on a scooter that had the green box disconnected i.e. the scooter is dead.

If I short out the blue and red the motor controller starts to output serial but on 9600 baud and not 115200.
I haven't tried sniffing the serial during unlock on a live scooter yet.. its on the list of things to try.

I am also sniffing on both wires so I can see traffic going from the ESC to the motor controller and going from the controller to the ESC. When you short out the blue and red wires, all the communication is from the motor controller to the ESC with not reply from the ESC.
JONYM wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:31 pm
I have that show in photo , i wire the brake lever and works but when i connect throttle the brake lever doesnt work to is so confused anybody can try help me see the photos ?
I ve just turn on a scooter, the controller have 4 wire , a black for ground, a Red for 5v, this voltage groes from controller to trottle and to brake , and the two other are the signals return to controller
Last edited by Gilles99 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben J wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:29 pm
Jungulio wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:33 pm
Hey guys!

So, it seems that the sim card device is actually connected via bluetooth to the scooter.

Basicly the lime scooter is "loked"
Ha ! Thats clever.
Really obvious and decently secure method now I think of it...
One would need a method to flash that portion on its processor to defeat it. Otherwise fit a replacement control board...
if you look on the bird es4 gps board with the lipo taped to the back you can find a spot to solder on a micro usb and im asuming that you need a FTID UART to usb adapter but i bet its doable!
When you say isn’t working, do you mean it just doesn’t work at all or it displays an error?
discy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:57 pm
ive converted a few es4 birds with just the dash and it was plug and play, but now this trick isnt working on the latest ones ive gotten. will a new controller do the trick? i have no experience with soldering.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?