An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Zik wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 am

1. Charging port
2. This is connected through the tube to the lower part of the scooter
3. Dashboard connection
4. Connection to battery
5. Goes down through the tube to the lower part of scooter passing by a long rail just in front of battery.
6. To battery
7. That cable was unplugged. I assume to connect directly to a kind of programing interface.
8. That cable goes to GPS module, I assume one of them brings the signal to the motherboard to turn on the scooter.
Great picture, I've been looking for something like this. All your images appear to of the hardware Lime put on the Segway scooters to make them work with their platform. All of this will be removed when we convert the scooter back to it's original form. The connections on the lime board look identical to those on the dashboard circuit board from eBay.

If this works similar to the Xiaomi MIJIA M365 then we'll be able to simply remove the Lime hardware, plug in the dashboard, and reset the control unit.
humanbeing21 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Great picture, I've been looking for something like this. All your images appear to of the hardware Lime put on the Segway scooters to make them work with their platform. All of this will be removed when we convert the scooter back to it's original form. The connections on the lime board look identical to those on the dashboard circuit board from eBay.

If this works similar to the Xiaomi MIJIA M365 then we'll be able to simply remove the Lime hardware, plug in the dashboard, and reset the control unit.
All the connections are similar in the dashboard, but the cable to power up the light have a different interface.

As you can see, isn't a simple two cables connection (yellow/white) like the original ES2 dashboard instead is "round cable" connection. But have just two pins too, so can be easily modified. Sadly I don't take photos of front light unmounted, can I take it and upload later if you want.

Now about the motherboard topic. I found it just under the dashboard. The wiring you see a little bit under the front light connection belongs to motherboard.

The yellow arrow it's the front light connection.
Blue it's the motherboard connection and the greens goes to handlebar throttle and break. Just like the Ninebot's

But, I don't know if the motherboard will work just plugging a new dashboard. I'm already ordered one from China seller, may be in a month I could have it.

May be, the motherboard will not work without the "GPS module permission"

Red arrows show cables going directly to the lower part. Connection to power up the motor and speed sensor? Don't really know. Blue arrows show cables going/coming from the battery, one for charging by the charging port and other in between motherboard and battery. Green arrow cable it's to the GPS module. Orange rectangle shows the position of motherboard, just in the neck of the handle

Just under that plastic cover it's the battery. The big black cable go straight down to the body of scooter.

May be it's possible to modify the wiring of a original motherboard to make it work like a kind of ES2.

I think the battery of this Lime model it's bigger than the regular ES2 (I'll post images and information to compare)

EDIT:

Battery info and pictures:

Length 59 CMS (23.2 inches)

Tag (8800 mAh)

Ninebot's ES2 original battery (5200 mAh) *Source: Google

Up side Lime

Ninebot's ES2 original battery down side looking for the original MB *Source: Google

Down side

Front light connection to dashboard

Dashboard output cable to the front light, different that the Ninebot's

And obviously, different input cable from the front light
humanbeing21 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:35 pm
@zik Have you see where the control board would plug in?
I would guess from the looks of the control board that it plugs to the capped male cable coming from this little board.
Top cable has a little removable plastic cap.
Bottom cable plugs to motherboard.
26-pin white rectangle plugs to SIM board.

:!: Be extremely careful if you unscrew this little board, the 100V capacitor will throw quite a big spark if you short it with your tool. :!:

EDIT:
Wait no that was pure nonsense. The capped bit is 5pin, not compatible with the blue 4pin seen on the control unit.
This is where you would be plugging the five cables coming out from the unit. At the bottom of the tube.
The three big cables (BLUE;BROWN;YELLOW) go from the motor to (I guess) the battery.
The 5pin connector (RED;BLUE;GREEN;YELLOW;BLACK) would be the motor's electronic controls.
The 4pin connector (RED;GREEN;YELLOW;BLACK) could be for rear lights.
Last edited by John_Doe_1337 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
John_Doe_1337 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:03 am
humanbeing21 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:35 pm
@zik Have you see where the control board would plug in?
I would guess from the looks of the control board that it plugs to the capped male cable coming from this little board.
Top cable has a little removable plastic cap.
Bottom cable plugs to motherboard.
26-pin white rectangle plugs to SIM board.

:!: Be extremely careful if you unscrew this little board, the 100V capacitor will throw quite a big spark if you short it with your tool. :!:
Yes! I think that little board has the key to star up the motherboard and turn on/off scooter at some signal of SIM board.

Also must manage the information about the scooter (Ex. battery level) to send it to SIM board to transmit it to APP.

At this point I see three possible solutions.

1. Connect ES2 stock dashboard and hope it work with this motherboard

2. Try to re wire an stock motherboard and dashboard to make it work with the battery and motor of this variant. (Modifying cables, inputs and positions in the tube)

3. Try to jump cables to make it run.
ive done it - spent about a week figuring out the original control board, couldnt make any sense of it as i didnt have the GPS board/box so i went and bought a new ebike controller and throttle from aliexpress, all of $20 and spliced the plugs from the original board onto the new controller so its plug and play. no dashboard though but it goes nicely
carbacca wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:59 pm
ive done it - spent about a week figuring out the original control board, couldnt make any sense of it as i didnt have the GPS board/box so i went and bought a new ebike controller and throttle from aliexpress, all of $20 and spliced the plugs from the original board onto the new controller so its plug and play. no dashboard though but it goes nicely
Awesome! End of the day all you need is a motor, battery, and controller. :D

Would you be willing to share pics of your project? We'd love to see how it looks.
carbacca wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:59 pm
Cool and simple. Could you tell us or link what you buy from Ali?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]