An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Ok so you’ll most likely need to flash the motor controller, or get an original to be able to see what the error is.
discy wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:18 am
no, i believe its a clone
Sc00tr wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:22 am
Generic dashboard do not display error codes correctly, only the oem ones do, so yours isn’t original I’m guessing?
discy wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:14 pm
just 0
Hello everybody,

I have a pretty beat up Lime J2.5, the motor cable was torn, but I have managed to fix it. Also there is a lot of mechanical damage. Battery was almost flat (I guess it have spent some time at the scrap yard) when I got it (9V), but I have carefully recharged it to 36V using 100mA and topped it up at 2A, it seems ok. But still the scooter seems usable.
After patching up the wiring when I apply "enable" to the blue wire the wheel "locks up", so the motor is OK.

Trying to find the "magic" enable frame I have noticed that it does matter to GPS board the UART converter input impedance. @tokala if I am using CH340 based converter then the GPS board goes into debug mode and boots (from time to time enables motor controller and requests some kind of status) and if I am using CP2102 based converter then it goes to "standart" boot and fails with that nand error.
tokala wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:15 am
Hello everyone

I thought I would share what I’ve found on the Lime GPS/Cellular module so far. I was given two Lime front green boxes to play with.

The green box contains two boards, the larger board contains the main processor, Bluetooth module, GPS module and voltage regulators. The smaller board looks like it is simply a voltage regulator, dropping the battery voltage down to 5V.

The main chip on the SLT181 board is a MeiG Smart SLM750 LTE (cellular) chip with UART (Serial), USB 2.0, Bluetooth HCI and I2C interfaces. The CPU is a Qualcomm ARMv7 and is running a Linux 3.18 Ubuntu kernel.

[ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[ 0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
[ 0.000000] Linux version 3.18.20 (xiaoqinqin@ubuntu-241) (gcc version 4.9.2 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 16 17:16:19 CST 2018
[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc075] revision 5 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7d
[ 0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
[ 0.000000] Machine model: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. MDM 9607 MTP
[ 0.000000] Early serial console at I/O port 0x0 (options '')
[ 0.000000] bootconsole [uart0] enabled
[ 0.000000] Memory: 148036K/257024K available (8204K kernel code, 1096K rwdata, 3668K rodata, 348K init, 1156K bss, 108988K reserved)

The board also contains a SIM card on the bottom. The SIM is from Twilio who offer a “super sim” which can be used internationally to send data via SMS or Mobile data.

https://www.twilio.com/wireless/super-sim

I powered the board with a USB to Serial converter connected to the serial pins of the plug. I have included the pinouts that I know so far.
The issue I have is that the chip boots until I get “Error code 303e at boot_flash_dev_nand.c Line 571”
The chip has NAND flash on board so I’m not sure if the error is referring to the on-chip NAND or if it is trying to contact storage elsewhere on the same or another board?

If I drop the Serial TX to earth for 2 seconds at boot, I can put the SLM750 into a programming mode and get an almost full boot. If I earth out Serial TX for 5 second-ish, I get a different boot sequence but both end with a kernel panic and a reboot back to the error code 303e.

The links below are to Pastebin showing the default boot, the 2 second earth and the 5 second earth.

Default boot: https://pastebin.com/PiV3xiGS
2 second earth: https://pastebin.com/eCA5VPx8
5-ish second earth: https://pastebin.com/ed85ceeQ

This is the pinouts of the main plug on the main board.

If anyone has anything to help me get the chip to fully boot I would like to hear from you.
Also maybe someone who has removed the gray potting material could share the model of MCU? @fieldc0llapse maybe? Was trying to connect through "programming" connector using ST-LINK/V2, but no luck, maybe the programming through SWD is disabled? (I am sure that it is read protected, but I may have something to try)

I am able to request for FW version from motor controller and some other status messages. But I still do not have enough info to enable driving.

It is kind of clear where are the "header" of the message, data length, check sum (which seems to be ignored by the motor controller, because you can request FW version excluding the checksum (last two bytes) and still get the answer)

@orac12 maybe you could provide some hints on where or how to search for that enable message?
I thought you said it was a Lime scooter?
Juan_DTV wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 pm
Sc00tr wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:43 pm
Drop a picture so we can more accurately tell which model you have.
Juan_DTV wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:37 pm
Good afternoon, guys in which part of the ninebot segway is hosted by the LIME GPS system?

:?: :?: :?: :?:
This model of Segway powered by GRIN Scooters, i need location of system GPS pleaseeee
ZipperZ wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:42 am

Also maybe someone who has removed the gray potting material could share the model of MCU? @fieldc0llapse maybe? Was trying to connect through "programming" connector using ST-LINK/V2, but no luck, maybe the programming through SWD is disabled? (I am sure that it is read protected, but I may have something to try)
Did not have the patience while was waiting for the 1st post to be approved. If someone needs the controller is: MKE02Z64VLD4

Last edited by ZipperZ on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]