An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Jameskay wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:53 am
Just finished my lime conversation using a generic DC motor controller from AliExpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-48V ... 4c4dIWqVWb

This is definitely not a project for the faint of heart.

Summary of findings

Working right of of box with original parts
Throttle ✅
Motor ✅
Hall sensor ✅
Charging ✅

Not working without modifications
E Brake. ❌ control board only supports basic open closed switch. Replaced sensor inside brake with a micro switch
Head light ❌ runs off 4.3v could not use same power supply as throttle , assume the light draws too much power. Ended up running off hall power and it works 🤷‍♂️
Tail light ❌ Also 4.3v but ended up using a spare 5v Port on the board and it works. Worth mentioning the light is on and doesn't change brightnes when brake is applied

Not working at all
Display speed / battery percentage
App control

Working in final build
Throttle ✅ Replaced with aftermarket one that has a key to control power on and off
Motor ✅
Hall sensor ✅
Charging ✅
E Brake ✅
Headlight ✅
Tail light ✅

All the Electronics fit inside the original lime GPS box with some slight modification to the box

Please remember to legally acquire your Limes :)

Very nice setup. Can you elaborate where did you install the break micro switch? Thanks :mrgreen:
Hello,

A small update from me

I have managed to figure out the majority of communication between the UI and BLDC... Just because... I can I guess.

Also I am able to request FW HW version from BLDC and I can turn the UI and headlight on through BLDC, but still was not able to get the wheel to move (only found another command which "locks" the wheel, it is kicking back if you try to turn it).

I wanted to ask do you need some initial speed for the controller to kick in? What is the aproximate speed for that? Or you can start from stand still?

Also I have thought that I would make my life easier by talking to the controller in the green box, but I have managed to kill it in the process... With 5V... The supply for it is "BAT" so absolute maximum is 4.2V...
I want to ask if anyone has those boards from the green box and does not need them? Maybe you could sacrifice them in the name of "science"? I could cover the postage expenses.

(I would be also grateful for bldc's and ui's from people who used "generic" controllers. I would use them for testing, maybe different FW or even HW are used on them(?))
Last edited by ZipperZ on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbr576n765iumr6n wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:23 pm
ondraondra wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:19 pm
BTW if anybody has the right 5A A5 ** ** command to send to the scooter, I am more than happy to exchange knowledge.
PM me for any questions (like Arduino source code etc.)
You meant the 55AA command?
I thought the Lime scooters are based on Ninebot, therefore 5AA5...or is it Xiaomi based ESC?
ondraondra wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:14 am
nbr576n765iumr6n wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:23 pm
ondraondra wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:19 pm
BTW if anybody has the right 5A A5 ** ** command to send to the scooter, I am more than happy to exchange knowledge.
PM me for any questions (like Arduino source code etc.)
You meant the 55AA command?
I thought the Lime scooters are based on Ninebot, therefore 5AA5...or is it Xiaomi based ESC?
If you are talking about that 2.5 thing, then neither. Logic is somewhat similar, but different.
Hello, I adquired one of these scooter recently. Is the command sent from the GPS box to the scooter to unlock it found? I cannot sniff the traffic from the GPS pcb to the scooter because I bricked it accidentaly.

I will try to sniff the traffic going from the scooter to the GPS box.

Also, is there some capture which you can share to study the commands?

Thx.
I am not a programmer. I have seen somebody was able to read the communication between the green box and Lime 2.5 controller.
1. AT+CMD=95949849,20190221 - This is the date of the scooter unlock (2019 February 21st)
2. 092238,130c,{0CC3:[1]}$- Connected to the top one, It is the Time (9:22:38) 9:22 PM
3. 092238,130c,{0CC3:[1]}$ - To remove $1 from the rider?
4. AT+CMD=95949849,20190221 - Unique code to identify the person unlocking the scooter
If somebody knows how to send these commands by a microprocessor like Arduino nano, it might run the scooter.
Mehvix wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:08 pm
RyanH43165 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:31 pm
Gort wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:59 pm
Hello
I recovered in a recycling center a Lime-S SZ2.5
The rear wheel is destroyed, I think a truck rolled over, I'll see this thing later.
The green box gps exploded, and much electric wire cut.
The battery is present, I think the engine in the wheel is good.
I just want to make the scooter functional, no need for gsm connection, no speedometer, for the lights I will arrange later.
You guessed my question ;)
1- is it possible to operate this model with the minimum? just ride.
2- What is essential to make it work?
I read all the topic but a lot of confusion.
Thank you
Throw in a $15 36v 350w brushless controller and connect up the motor and throttle and it will work just fine
Hi! I’m also working on one, do i just need to replace the controller board of the 2.5gen lime ? Some people appeared to say it is more difficult than that. And what do i need to do with the green box? Thanks fr your answers!
Will that unlock the SZ or ZJ model if you chance to a CFW instead of the original?
How can you make that change ?
Mehvix wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:56 pm
Hi, I just finished to rewire my SJ 2.5 lime.
Does anyone have a link for a battery charger? I’m not sure if the ones i find online are combatible.

Thanks a lot to the guys who explained the wire schemes on this thread! It helped me so much!!
If possible and you have a time, please let me and everyone else know the basics on how to do that
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?