An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Hello guys
I read all answers but I am wondering if I am obliged to change both the dashboard circuit board and the control board or changing the dashboard circuit board and only remove the Lime part is enough To "liberate" a lime segway ninebot?
Thanks to all ! :D
BBTK wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 am
Coolcalmgabe wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 am
Left is easier
Dashboard only ? After looking at almost any page regarding lime hack I'm unsure if anything can be done yet :roll:
left and right dont work at all with the parts bought from fleabay or alibaba express. case closed. only hope is for the euro peeps to complete their french / english / spanish and colombian mods. as for us folks here in the usa, if it aint a bird it cant be done unless your that guy whos got a cool shop who did some soldering and connecting. seems like you can get away with mods on a bird but not a lime. aint that a sour bitter end to 36 pages of maybe. haha
LetmeRideHellyeah wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:57 pm
BBTK wrote:
Coolcalmgabe wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 am
Left is easier
Dashboard only ? After looking at almost any page regarding lime hack I'm unsure if anything can be done yet :roll:
left and right dont work at all with the parts bought from fleabay or alibaba express. case closed. only hope is for the euro peeps to complete their french / english / spanish and colombian mods. as for us folks here in the usa, if it aint a bird it cant be done unless your that guy whos got a cool shop who did some soldering and connecting. seems like you can get away with mods on a bird but not a lime. aint that a sour bitter end to 36 pages of maybe. haha
There is still room for hope but it's true that it would be great if people stopped asking questions already discussed !
Only solution left is succeeding flashing the boards with some kind of firmwares.
babass69 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 pm
LetmeRideHellyeah wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:57 pm
BBTK wrote:

There is still room for hope but it's true that it would be great if people stopped asking questions already discussed !
Only solution left is succeeding flashing the boards with some kind of firmwares.
you know and id really love to get the darn thing working too!. its nice tech hands down!. the fact that they exist and this out does that janky e-bike from that one person on youtube Quinoa super genius I always said to myself i want an ebike! i want something that does at least 15mph or more the better. can get at least 10 miles range. then bam i see these damn things on the sidewalk..

i google it because i saw them in Mexico and sure nuff this forum came up after youtube phailed!!! good and hard.. so first 10-18 pages brought hope and glimmer till i messaged EVERY KNOWN seller on fleabay! in fact i sent so many messages my account was banned and could not send any ebay messages.

So roughly 98% of everyone on eBay selling parts are CLUELESS! which means non working crap will be shipped to you at your expense and time.

Then Chinese new years was a float in a week or so from then it was pointless... and my prediction served right. worthless parts + didn't work in my scooter was all you saw. so despite all this, i pray / hope that there is a resistor / diode or part in addition to getting this thing to work. my es5 non existing scooter is shelved.. my experience do not tinker with the green box or else it goes dark permanently.. the wheels dont lock but it remains working manual kick scooter.
I was able to get my hands on an abandoned Bird Scooter (Segway Es4 model). Conversion was a simple plug and play operation. All I had to do was disassemble and remove the original bird gps module and connect the new motherboard.

While the scooter is fully operational and connects easily to the Segway app,
there are a couple bugs I am looking for some help with.

A. The scooter doesn’t always turn off like I want it to. It stays on until the battery dies.

B. The “stop” lever which is on the left side of the handle bar doesn’t seem to function. In order to stop you simply use foot brake on the back of the scooter.

C. This particular bird does not fold down so it’s kind of impractical to carry it around. I’m not sure if any of these shared scooters fold or not.

This whole liberation process should take less than 30 minutes as long as you have the proper bits to open it up. They can be bought online or at your nearest hardware shop such as Home Depot.

- A tip ;) a can of black automotive spray paint. ( 5$ at Home Depot )works wonderfully in covering up any unwanted company logos and decals.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]