An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By vik sinikov
Sc00tr wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:16 am
This isn’t super helpful for us to give us information that might help you... what are you using for the bike? What motor? What battery?

You would get better results by posting a new thread in the ninebot forum.
Fmbf wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:18 pm
Hi im looking for a photo, schematic or someone to explain how i can use the controller for ebike project without the comm.Box or dash display. BASICALLY turn it on.
It is ninebot . Лично у меня получилось. Но у этой прошивки есть проблема. Она завязана в том числе на прошивку stm 8 в батарее. На другой батарее только аварийный режим 14 км и низкая тяга . По прямой или 3-5 % подъём .
Hi everyone !
I'm looking to convert lime S scooter into a personal one.
At first, admit that I'm an engineering student in IT so you can explain to clearly logically :D
I've several questions:
- I read some things about "flashing it" but how do you connect this thing to your computer :| I'm curious to take a look of the linux kernel and explorer the data of this but I've lack of competence in electronic for now (but here i am to learn).
- I've the sim card too. I'm pretty sure that there's a thing with some SMS received to activate it no ?
- For those who it's work, can you explain clearly your process ? If you cannot talk about this here, say it and we'll talk in another place !
- How to just unlock the lime, send a "starting signal " ? I'm sure it's possible..

Please pardon my english, i'm French ;)
Lime-itator wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:50 am
Mind Train wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:41 pm
Hi guys
That's my point of view on Lime ninebot

Green GPS box has two cables, one with cap on it is USB and debug UART , second one connected to ninebot control-board is DC and UART, its powering mobile unit with GPS and communicating with control board.

Control-board of the lime-s is blue with DC UART socket to communicate with GPS.

You can not bypass or change cables to make it work because it is all digital, problem is in blue board what has custom firmware [original ninebot has green board without UART ] that's communicating only with GPS unit, this firmware has turned off Bluetooth on the dashboard to make impossible to upload own firmware, you can do it only by JTAG. If you disconnect GPS unit and power on the ninebot you get only error message [that's not to bright to see it over dash cover] with wrench key and temperature indicator [or what is it] and scooter is in locked state impossible to move it, its applying electronic brake if detects move and beeping .

Dash board is seems to customized only by design with green power button with mechanical block element that's blocking power button to be pressed but you can easily remove it, other parts looks same like original ninebot .
Now i waiting to new main board arrive from China and try it to put new life in it.

If someone of you has a Bird ninebot [or Wind, Tier too if are you in EU or Israel] you can post photos of control-board and dashboard to make our knowledge stronger

And for those who have theory to change SIM, do not do it, SIM is only medium if you change the SIM the MeiG board is still calling same server but some interesting info, Lime in EU using US T-Mobile SIM card :D i want to know what roaming plans they have ...
Thanks a lot for the details concerning the types of connection used for the debug entry

I just discovered this forum but I'm working on Lime's 'ES4' modified scooters since a while (mid-December)

I'm gonna sort some of the statements and theories you made guys:

- Lime scooters use bluetooth: the green box unlocks the scooter through bluetooth: wrong

The green box is connected to the motherboard/control board of the scooter through a wire connection to avoid wireless connection and be more secured in regards to bluetooth hackings.

- Lime scooters do have custom control boards with custom firmware flashed on it and bluetooth disabled dashboards: true

After disassembly of the control board, the model number is ESC-L-2 Driver Rev_1.0 instead of ESC-2 Driver Rev_1.0.
Moreover, there is an additional cable to communicate with the green box which contains the GPS module and the cellular connection chip which confirms that the bluetooth is not used. The charging cable usually used on retail ES2 without external battery is not present to save money as all Limes have external batteries.

- Lime scooters do not have bluetooth chip in their dashboard (my own theory) that is why they can not be detected on the Ninebot app even after a control board replacement: wrong

After disassembling the dashboard, it seems that the bluetooth chip is indeed here but even after a control board replacement, the bluetooth chip remains disabled.
It seems that Lime disables the bluetooth option through software flashing by using a custom dashboard firmware.

- To use an ES4 Lime scooter, I just have to replace the control board and the dashboard: wrong

After hours of researches, it seems that Segway put a security check on their firmwares.
Each control board has a serial number and its serial number has to be identical with the one flashed in the deck.
The serial number of the deck can be found (written SN) on a little sticker which is under the scooter
The new control board which is by default sold with a default serial number, has to be flashed with the right serial number through bluetooth and the Ninebot official App. But anybody cannot do it.
I won't be detailing the process here but if you bought a new control board, just ask for the activation process to the seller.

I'm currently stuck at the flashing process part. I did only bought the control board in December and it took like 2 weeks to arrive.
I'm leaving my country next Saturday for a 5 months student exchange so I can't order the OEM dashboard...
The only solution left is to find someone in my city who can lend or rent me its scooter/dashboard for a few hours but in the country where I live, people are not that open to helping each other even if I promised to give them my ID and some cash as guarantee lol

So now I'm gonna expose you my vision of how Lime-S's work:

Limes are only connected to their central monitoring by GPS and cellular connection. Bluetooth is not used.
By default, when not used, they are in a locked state mode, just like a retail ES4 would be if you lock it through the Ninebot app but here it is just because the control board is programmed to work like this.

Let's imagine you find a Lime in the street and want to rent it, you download the app, add money on your wallet and flash the QR Code.

When your phone flashes the QR Code with the Lime-app, it sends to the Lime server a request to remove 1$ from your wallet and a second request to send an unlocking response to the scooter you wanna rent.
The Lime server checks your Lime account to see if your funds are sufficient and if yes, it removes 1$ from it and sends an order to the scooter that says "unlock yourself"
The green box receives the response through cellular connection and convert the response into an order understandable by the control board.
The unlocking sound is emitted by the green box and the scooter is able to work.

When you end the rent, the app sends a rent ending info to the server and the server through internet and cellular connection sends the lock order to the scooter which locks itself again and reactivates the anti-theft system of the green box that shouts if you try to use the scooter without paying for it.

What happens if you remove the green box off the scooter during a rental ?
One day I found an unlocked scooter in the street and as I always have my screwdrivers in my backpack, I disconnected the green box.

The scooter was able to work as long as I want but as you may doubt, after a moment. I stopped using it and plugged it to charge it without turning it off as it would erase the unlocking order it received.

30 minutes later, I came back to check the scooter: it turned off itself and when I tried to turn it on, the locked mode was once again activated...

I reassembled the scooter with the green box and left it in the street so people can use it.

So yeah, Lime's custom firmware is far more different than the stock one.
After lot of months , where are you in your process ?
MRK wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Hi guys, i accidentely short circuited GND with 36V in the green connector, a spark appeared quickly and then nothing. Did i destroy the board?

Maybe ... (FB4 fuse smd) on the controller unit ....
But how you know the voltage of the pin before do a shortcut ? did you have the 36v after the "spark" ?
Or you did measure before ..... :(
BR
carbacca wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:28 pm
images here - excuse the camouflage. am also waiting for another enclosure box to tidy it up a bit
https://imgur.com/a/j4wh2HF

the two parts i used - box and wiring instructions all chinese - beware if you dont read chinese....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Finger- ... 1a2eyCz3Pd

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-48V ... 8f12Gi1fLm
Hi could i ask for a picture of the wiring connection? Thanks
Chuchin wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:41 am
ZipperZ wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:55 am
wurecec wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Could you share how you managed to get a full boot?
As far as I know there are two ways:
1. As written in service manual with magnet, but then you have to have a working SIM, which would mean you have a stolen (not decomissioned) scooter.
2. Other way is to enter "Debug" mode, which is enabled when certain "load" is present on UART lines. I cant remember which one, but either CH340 or CP2102 adapter was recognized as a debug probe.
Option 2 ... My scooter is bought - out of service.
You do not need a SIM card to fully load modem. I used the DEBUG port with the CH340 converter, that's all.
Now I'm rebuilt with another controller.
Could you share the "load" that you use to get full boot then.
Searching for "lime scooter debug mode" actually points directly to your post and isn't shared anywhere on this forum...
This is the only thing I'm after, it seems like everyone is treating it as this secret when it really isn't...
There are some photos of internal controler wires pinout description - it seems like we can reprograming this controller by J-tag!
Q:
1. it's possible to write any SOFTWARE from original Nineboot, or sth?
2. Where to find that SOFTWARE?
3. One of plug seems like typical controller connection, but we haven't standard VCC, GND, TX, DT, as is Nineboot/Xiaomi.

GREEN PLUG - I was trying to put HI-digit (5V) at tx/rx pin to start controller, but is not so easy ;-) Anyone have alive Like to test what signal at TX/RX give permission to start controller?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]