An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Dreadedb wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:56 am
Zik wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 am
ZombieScoots wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 am
Looks like the ES4 has some new way of wiring that doesn’t fit the motherboard you purchased. So it definitely won’t be plug and play. But I’m sure a new clip can be added
Yes in deed, I did found an abandoned Lime, looks like a ES2, don't have a external battery just a GPS module in front and this is the motherboard that I found.

1. Charging port
2. This is connected through the tube to the lower part of the scooter
3. Dashboard connection
4. Connection to battery
5. Goes down through the tube to the lower part of scooter passing by a long rail just in front of battery.
6. To battery
7. That cable was unplugged. I assume to connect directly to a kind of programing interface.
8. That cable goes to GPS module, I assume one of them brings the signal to the motherboard to turn on the scooter.

Userhost wrote:Anyone know how to open the plastic, rectangular Bird head unit non-destructively? I don't want to break anything, but I'm interested in seeing how these things work. The non-destructive part is important because I want to return this Bird to service once I'm done studying it.
And this is the GPS module

Just opened

As you can see the circuit on the left holds the SIM card

Connection description

Pink arrow cable comes from motherboard.

Yellow cable it's the connection between that circuit and the big circuit to the left that holds the SIM card. I assume the white or the orange cable says to other circuit turn on the scooter.

The red arrow cable it's unplugged cable that I found in the back of module. I assume for programing.

So now I ask.

There's any way to replace the motherboard of this model? It's very different than the original one.

Or just run a jumper wires from one side to the other two complete connectivity and omit the SIM card entirely?
Hey all,

Been following this thread pretty closely, apologies if this has already been answered.

I've come across an es2 style lime identical to the original post. Ive got a replacement controller and display for it and all the color codes for the motor, hall sensor and throttle match so I'm pretty confident on wiring.

My question is about the battery and charging port wiring. The stock charging port has 2 pairs of red and black cables connected in parallel. With the original board, the pair with the white connector (4) go directly to the battery, and the pair with the black connector (not numbered in the picture) go directly to the board.

The controller I've got (generic in aluminum housing like many others) doesnt have the connector (black) for the 2nd pair of cables from the charge port.

Does anyone know if the black connector from the original board is simply parallel connected inside the original lime board to the main thicker battery input? Super easy to test but I don't have the lime board anymore.

My plan is to connect the thicker battery pair directly to the controller (6) , the 2nd thinner pair from battery would connect to the charge port (4). The black connector from the charge port wont be connected.

In short- because my controller doesnt have a power input directly from the charge port like the original board, can i charge from the original port via the white connector (4) and leave the 2nd pair open? The black connector enters the lime board really close to the thicker main battery input, but are they parallel connected?

Is connector 4 the recharge lead and connector 6 the discharge lead? Or is the mystery black connector in direct parallel with connector 6 acting as the recharge lead and connector 4 some type of balancing lead?

Probably overcomplicating things I just don't fully understand multi-cell lithium batteries.
I dont understand everything, but one thing i can tell you for sure, batteries are not phisically connected through the original motherboard, there is some kind of electronic switch I guess.
You can connect negatives of both batteries and connect it to negative power supply on the
controller, and then the positives through the 3 position switch, so at one time only one battery is connected.
moiskey wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:06 am
FirstJuicerInTown wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:35 pm
Pedro silverio wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Hey, does this connections from the controler to the motor are easy to do? I mean, both controler and motor have the same color cables? I want do install ir on a Lime
Hi, its easy to connect it. Here you can clearly see the cables colors.
Good luck!
Greetings, the original accelerator is compatible for the conversion?
Yes it its
Milan wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:19 am
Today I've received my control board from Ali - it seems to work fine & original. -> Here's the link https://goo.gl/3fYgg2

But I think there's a problem with my dashboard. Last summer I purchased a normal Ninebot ES2 which made problems after about 1000km. As soon as I turned the lights on, the speed dropped down to like 15km/h. So to fix this, I've decided to go to the "local spare parts warehouse" and grab a Limescooter off the street. I plugged my dashboard into the Limescooter and nothing but loud beeping happened. After reconnecting to my scooter again, the dashboard all of a sudden didn't show any information. The weirdest thing is, as long as I press and hold the power button, the screen shows all the information. By releasing the button, screen turns black again.

So I ordered a new control board from Ali, hoping it will fix the issue.

After plugging in my normal dashboard to the new control board, I only hear frequent beeps and the rear lights are blinking. Other than that, when I plug in the Lime Dashboard, everything works fine, except that I can't see the speed and can't connect to the app. My suspicion is that the lime controlboard somehow bricked my dashboard.

Down below, you see the error message I get by connecting via bluetooth (new control board and old dashboard)

Ah and by the way ->> here login details for the board, please tell me if it worked for you :)

username: ninebotservice
password:123456a

sadly.. it doesn't worked for me. shows every time "wrong username or password." maybe some help?
DedX wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:49 am
Milan wrote:
Today I've received my control board from Ali - it seems to work fine & original. -> Here's the link https://goo.gl/3fYgg2

But I think there's a problem with my dashboard. Last summer I purchased a normal Ninebot ES2 which made problems after about 1000km. As soon as I turned the lights on, the speed dropped down to like 15km/h. So to fix this, I've decided to go to the "local spare parts warehouse" and grab a Limescooter off the street. I plugged my dashboard into the Limescooter and nothing but loud beeping happened. After reconnecting to my scooter again, the dashboard all of a sudden didn't show any information. The weirdest thing is, as long as I press and hold the power button, the screen shows all the information. By releasing the button, screen turns black again.

After plugging in my normal dashboard to the new control board, I only hear frequent beeps and the rear lights are blinking. Other than that, when I plug in the Lime Dashboard, everything works fine, except that I can't see the speed and can't connect to the app. My suspicion is that the lime controlboard somehow bricked my dashboard.

Down below, you see the error message I get by connecting via bluetooth (new control board and old dashboard)

Ah and by the way ->> here login details for the board, please tell me if it worked for you :)

sadly.. it doesn't worked for me. shows every time "wrong username or password." maybe some help?
By ScooterMcGavin
Has anyone had any luck getting dott scooter working?

The connections are the same as the M365 but when trying to replace the dashboard with a stock m365 dashboard, I cant get the motor to launch.

It powers on and everything and the lights are functional. Cant get the motor working. Ive tried switching the "T" and "P" wires from the dashboard and that also did not work.

This sooter is super simple. not much too it.
MikeManson wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:25 am
DedX wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:49 am
Milan wrote:

Worked. Thanks!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]