An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
ZipperZ wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:28 pm
Bigemul wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:50 pm
How did you manage to hide every cable and the motor in the fork ? Is your tool really necessary to remove the fork ? Isn't there another way to do it ?
I have used an original motor controller that's why it fits in to the steering "column" and thats why the dash is working.

Of course it is possible to do some kind of adaptation with a DIY converter, but the "ebay" controllers dash communication must be analyzed also.

For the fork there is always angle grinder *wink wink* ;)
Thanks

Is it a Lime 2.5 ?
You wrote that you used the original motor controller but then what did you change ?

Why is it necessary to break the fork ?
Bigemul wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:33 pm
ZipperZ wrote:
Bigemul wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:50 pm
How did you manage to hide every cable and the motor in the fork ? Is your tool really necessary to remove the fork ? Isn't there another way to do it ?
I have used an original motor controller that's why it fits in to the steering "column" and thats why the dash is working.

Of course it is possible to do some kind of adaptation with a DIY converter, but the "ebay" controllers dash communication must be analyzed also.

Thanks

Is it a Lime 2.5 ?
You wrote that you used the original motor controller but then what did you change ?

Mine was badly damaged (bent) so I had to remove it to straighten it. Otherwise it is not needed.
ZipperZ wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:51 pm
Bigemul wrote:
ZipperZ wrote:

Thanks

Is it a Lime 2.5 ?

Mine was badly damaged (bent) so I had to remove it to straighten it. Otherwise it is not needed.
How did you make it work with the original controller and without the big green box ?
Bigemul wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 pm
ZipperZ wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:51 pm
Bigemul wrote:

Thanks

Is it a Lime 2.5 ?

How did you make it work with the original controller and without the big green box ?
Well based on their new tutorial post, they basically used an Arduino to spoof the control instructions sent within the scooter. Example, The green box will transmit an 8bjt sequence starting the motor upon payment. They analysed this and mimicked the signal. It's kind of annoying as the post is deliberately vague. You can achieve the same thing by spoofing the message sent to the Sim card.
Bigemul wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:21 am
chaoticdopey wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:09 am
My finished Lime 2.5 still taking pictures for the writeup
It looks pretty clean. Is everything up and running? Did you have to reprogram something?
Is it possible to make it work with the default "screen" attached to Lime S?
to be honest i havnt tried to use the original screen but everything runs and with this controller you have 5 speeds, also have the headlight and brake light working with a dc step down converter
chaoticdopey wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Bigemul wrote:
chaoticdopey wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:09 am
My finished Lime 2.5 still taking pictures for the writeup
It looks pretty clean. Is everything up and running? Did you have to reprogram something?
to be honest i havnt tried to use the original screen but everything runs and with this controller you have 5 speeds, also have the headlight and brake light working with a dc step down converter
Nice. I guess you could still use a more powerful controller but it would be useless.
Did you use an Arduino to make it work?
Bigemul wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:19 am
chaoticdopey wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Bigemul wrote:

Nice. I guess you could still use a more powerful controller but it would be useless.
Did you use an Arduino to make it work?
no i used this controller https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TB ... UTF8&psc=1
or you can get the same controller from ebay for cheaper just takes longer to come https://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-48V-Waterp ... 2749.l2649
and this step down converter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GJ ... UTF8&psc=1and hooked it to the 48v lines as this controller with lcd has a light function you can turn on the screen
Hello,
Je souhaiterais récapituler car je ne.
Comprends toujours pas la méthode à utiliser !
Concernant le scooter, me concernant je travaille sur la version 2.5 de la lime avec la boîte verte en haut.
J'ai démonter la boîte pour la poubelle
J'ai ensuite acheter un kit complet Ali avec le contrôleur Bluetooth, la carte mère et le chargeur !
J'ai installé le nouveau controleur sans problème et connecter la nouvelle carte mère qui ne rentre pas dans le logement de l'ancienne... Trop long le radiateur
Par conséquent en l'état cela ne fonctionne pas !
Avant de tenter une nouvelle expérience je souhaiterais avoir des avis
Qui a réussi à faire fonctionner une lime 2.5 (parisienne)?
Est ce que la méthode consistant a changer le contrôleur pour une version Bluetooth puis de flasher un nouveau firmware avec les outils bien connu et un smartphone Android fonctionne sur ce modèle de lime ?
J'ai parcouru l'ensemble du forum mais rien ne me semble suffisamment clair !
Merci pour votre participation
hey guys new to this place. I just realized so much mention of Lime Ninebots in this thread and not so much about Bird's ES2. Then I realize the title specifically says Lime scooter hack haha

My question is: I don't want to read 105 pages to catch up. Should I simply keep an eye out for abandoned Bird ES2 and that would be the easiest way to convert? In other words, the Lime ES2 are much more work to get working properly?
ericsonne2621 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:22 pm
Hello,
Je souhaiterais récapituler car je ne.
Comprends toujours pas la méthode à utiliser !
Concernant le scooter, me concernant je travaille sur la version 2.5 de la lime avec la boîte verte en haut.
J'ai démonter la boîte pour la poubelle
J'ai ensuite acheter un kit complet Ali avec le contrôleur Bluetooth, la carte mère et le chargeur !
J'ai installé le nouveau controleur sans problème et connecter la nouvelle carte mère qui ne rentre pas dans le logement de l'ancienne... Trop long le radiateur
Par conséquent en l'état cela ne fonctionne pas !
Avant de tenter une nouvelle expérience je souhaiterais avoir des avis
Qui a réussi à faire fonctionner une lime 2.5 (parisienne)?
Est ce que la méthode consistant a changer le contrôleur pour une version Bluetooth puis de flasher un nouveau firmware avec les outils bien connu et un smartphone Android fonctionne sur ce modèle de lime ?
J'ai parcouru l'ensemble du forum mais rien ne me semble suffisamment clair !
Merci pour votre participation
Hello,
I understand that you speak english not much, but writing in french will not help. If you can't understand (even using translator), that no one will help you in french. Please understand this.

Translator - I don't know it's correct.
Bonjour,
Je comprends que vous parlez anglais pas beaucoup, mais écrire en français ne vous aidera pas. Si vous ne comprenez pas (même en utilisant un traducteur), que personne ne vous aidera en français. S'il vous plaît comprendre cela.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]