An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
This forum is being starter to share information on the ESP32 based ES-200 scooter unlocked. It has been based on the great work by so many people and deserves it own forum. If you would like to control your scooter over your smartphone with no need to have buttons this is the Forum for you. For more information you can look through this webpage. https://hackaday.io/project/168667-es-2 ... r-unlocker The firmware for the ESP32 is located on Github @ https://github.com/chappy1978/ES200-Scooter-Unlocker I will soon write an update instruction on how it is wired up. You can us any ESP32 dev board but I prefer the Adafruit Huzzah32. It's better quality than most of the cheap Chinese boards. Also it can be run off a battery if need be.
Hi there, thanks for the hard work! I just can't seem to get it to work with my VOI Scooter. The original Unlocker with the Nano worked fine but the esp32 version doesn't. I tried multiple ESP32 Platforms and i managed to get the code uploaded and in the RemoteXY App The Scooter shows up with the correct interface but if i switch a button nothing seems to work...

any ideas?
best regards
yes i did everything the same as instructed. i'm not using a feather32 but anothher esp32 from AZDelivery (i don't see why it shouldn't work the same). I managed to upload the code to the board and i also managed to connect to it via the remoteXY App. I can switchh buttons on the interface but i just don't get any response. I also couldn't really figure out platformIO so i just used regular Arduino Software withh ESP32 modules installed. if theres anyone willing to try thhis again with me i would very much appreciate it since i'm kindo lost in the code atm haha
Peter Meter wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:29 am
Hey,
nice that you opened this theard! Is the wiring the same like for the Nano?
-Solder the Green wire to TX
-Solder the blue wire to 3.3V
actually i just checked and what you are describing differs from thhe original instructions from Mr.Spriggs. I soldered blue to pin13 and green is rx.

Red -> V5
Black -> GND
Yellow -> TX
Blue -> G13
Green -> RX

is this already the mistake?
Wiivolution wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:14 am
Peter Meter wrote:
Hey,
actually i just checked and what you are describing differs from thhe original instructions from Mr.Spriggs. I soldered blue to pin13 and green is rx.

Red -> V5
Black -> GND
Yellow -> TX
Blue -> G13
Green -> RX

that what I wrote, it was a question HOW TO WIRE because I dont know yet. I din't mean your post, sorry!
can you tell me please where I can find the original instructions from Mr.Spriggs?
I think your green cable have to go to tx on the esp and the yellow cable have to go to rx of the esp
Wiivolution wrote:
Peter Meter wrote:
Hey,

Red -> V5
Black -> GND
Yellow -> TX
Blue -> G13
Green -> RX

Peter Meter wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:15 am
Wiivolution wrote:
Peter Meter wrote:
Hey,

Red -> V5
Black -> GND
Yellow -> TX
Blue -> G13
Green -> RX

that what I wrote, it was a question HOW TO WIRE because I dont know yet. I din't mean your post, sorry!
can you tell me please where I can find the original instructions from Mr.Spriggs?
he has a hackaday.io project and a github. https://hackaday.io/project/168667-es-2 ... r-unlocker
If anyone gets this thing working i'd be glad if they could share their setup. i have tried 3 different esp32s including a feather like originally used by mr.spriggs. i have tried every possible way of connecting it to the scooter but i just can't get that damn thing to turn on. the esp32 will show up in my remotexy app and i can switch the on switch but the scooter just doesn't respond. the original simple nano code works perfectly fine but the esp code is just so muchh more complicated with this crc calculator that i can't figure out whats going wrong. as i said: if anyone succeeds please share your wisdom
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?