An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Skyexbluu
I looked and couldnt find so im asking..

Are these birds the bird 2?
And if bought at impoud or auction can they be coverted to personal?

Full convert or just throwing in a controller any info is appreciated
By Sc00tr
Not sure if you intended to attach a photo or not but there is not one showing up if you did.
Skyexbluu wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:43 pm
I looked and couldnt find so im asking..

Are these birds the bird 2?
And if bought at impoud or auction can they be coverted to personal?

Full convert or just throwing in a controller any info is appreciated
By DigitalCha0s
If you speak of the ones in your profile pic I'm pretty sure those are es2/es4 birds and yes they can if not already
By Pashko90
Bird two have a motor controller integrated with battery. They make this scooter very difficult to convert.
This is battery, SmartBMS, and bldc motor controller assembly.
The last picture is battery assembly. We will dig into later.
So, this assembly do not work as regular e-bike or e-scooter when power output available all the time. BMS sends +batt voltage to the head unit(i don't have one, unfortunately) and waiting can bus command to activate the battery output to the BLDC PCB controller to drive a wheel.
Last edited by Pashko90 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Benbbob
Pashko90 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:20 am
Bird two have a motor controller integrated with battery. They make this scooter very difficult to convert.
Hello.
Can i found Bird 2 in PARIS
By Scootydoo
Been a while since I had time to invest in scooters, but recently came upon a unit which happened to be inside the trunk of an vehicle I purchased recently.
From what I've dug up, these units are probably beyond the scope of a majority of peoples skillsets to convert with the stock hardware. Even the bottom battery compartment is milled as one piece with the hollow for the battery pack and BMS/controller which appears to specifically need communication with the IOT brain unit(manufactured by mobilogix). Throttle, brake, lights all wire through the IOT down to the BMS/Controller which wires to the motor and brake lights. Its fascinating to see the complex design, and just at first glance looks expensive and tightly safeguarded from simple hacking methods. Would be a shame if the components really cant be "unlocked" or at very least repurposed. Here's some pics of the battery pack and what I believe is the BMS/controller unit.
By Pashko90
bldc motor controller is integrated with rear cover of the battery assembly.
Wiring removal: first remove a BLDC PCB from screws and disconnect connectors. Remove heat tranfer pad.
After you will have a wiring with body. Heat the BLDC body to about 60-80 degere celsius and you can start removing white epoxy resin. It will get soft and fragile and can be easily been removed with small flathead screwdriver. After all epoxy removal, you can unscew the wiring from the body.
I just cut a platic peace with soldering iron and remove it. Then i cut a silicon and separated two wires to have a chance to reuse them.
Controller PCB key components:
1)XT60 connector,
2)MR60 connector
3)MCU stm32f303 Datasheet
4)drv8323s Three-Phase Smart Gate Driver Datasheet
5)tph2r608nh MOSFETs Silicon N-channel Datasheet
Last edited by Pashko90 on Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]