An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By PNSaibot
Hi there,

Several months has passed without comments.
Is there any news regarding the convertion/unlock?

So far and since this wasnt yet said, the GPS SIM card its located in the display control board which is conneted to a backup battery located under the display as well.
You can noticed that on some photos that were shared here.

Looking for some news regarding the convertion steps.
By M365GUY
The bird 2 isn't a hackable scooter like past versions of 365 and ES scooters. It has very strong security by way of design integration with the battery, controller and dash. You can use the battery if you know what you're doing by bypassing the BMS positive on discharge only. However with some slight modification you can install m365 controller and dash and run it at 60 volts. Goes about 30 mph and look s a solid scooter.
By M365GUY
Why are people having to replace the BMS rather than just bypassing it and using during charge only? I have seen a few comments saying bypass isn't possible because all series connections go through the BMS. That doesn't even make sense. Maybe there are different versions but from what I see bypass is possible and rather simple. Only tested with no load amp draw at 2-3 but don't see anything that would indicate a issue.

This pack should be capable of a continuous amp load of 60 amps and 5-15 second bursts of close to 100. That is big power out of a fairly small and compact pack. 10s6p with LGMJ1 cells 3500ma 10 amp discharge. These cells are 7-9$ each if you can find them. Most sellers are out of stock. My guess is the Bird 2 costs bird over 1000$ usd per scooter to purchase. The tooling and casting molds to manufacture the frame I estimate cost hundreds of thousands. The bottom piece is made by aluminum extrusion and subtractive machining. I have found 2 major flaws in the design and to correct would require new tooling. ( A f**king very expensive mistake ) rental scooters need to be designed 3x as solid as you think. If you think it's good enough, double it and it might last. The big problem for bird is going to be when someone is injured when a scooter stem snaps and a review of the design is shown to have flaws that could cause injury.

Another reason they will never be profitable and will be gone in a few years.
By xekisx
its not that hard, got this one working, for the battery part, what you do is desolder the red and black wire that goes to the bldc controller and resolder it to the inside using a voltmeter check which one is + and - , from there everything is straight forward.
By M365GUY
You can leave the negative wire and just run a new short piece of red positive wire from the main battery nickel and splice it into the existing xt60 plug/wire.

The negative is just traced on BMS board, no control aspect though.
By M365GUY
What speeds are you guys getting out of your converted bird 2 ?
I have a few different controller/ battery setups I have been messing with and here are my results tracked via Garmin gps.

1. M365 pro electronics with 14s 3p battery..
Top speed with fresh battery is 30mph.
Very good acceleration and torque. Firmware is maxed out but seems to be pretty stable as long as the throttle isn't pinned for long stretches.

2. 96v 40 amp controller running 26s 1P pack.
Holy f**k does this thing haul *ss. Pops wheelies and is just all around insane. Sketchy as f**k and only good for a few hot laps around the block. The fastest I got it was 42mph and it still had more in it. But I blew a cell in my pack and don't think I will be sticking with this setup, unless I get into drag racing. The sound the motor makes running over 100 volts is just badass. Sounds like Tron or something 😂

3. Stock battery with BMS bypass running a controller out of a super 73 ZI ebike. It's 36 volt and has a firmware lock in it to shut down if it sees voltage over 45. So overvolting isn't even possible...lame. however it's a tiny controller and it's almost 1000 watts. 25 amps and with that big battery it's hitting top speeds of 24mph and getting there quick.

Anyway just wondering what everyone else is got going on.
By Mtsbaby
Do y’all have video really in need of it have a bird2 wana convert it I’m better at visual seeing it

Very good acceleration and torque. Firmware is maxed out but seems to be pretty stable as long as the throttle isn't pinned for long stretches.

Holy f**k does this thing haul *ss. Pops wheelies and is just all around insane. Sketchy as f**k and only good for a few hot laps around the block. The fastest I got it was 42mph and it still had more in it. But I blew a cell in my pack and don't think I will be sticking with this setup, unless I get into drag racing. The sound the motor makes running over 100 volts is just badass. Sounds like Tron or something 😂

3. Stock battery with BMS bypass running a controller out of a super 73 ZI ebike. It's 36 volt and has a firmware lock in it to shut down if it sees voltage over 45. So overvolting isn't even possible...lame. however it's a tiny controller and it's almost 1000 watts. 25 amps and with that big battery it's hitting top speeds of 24mph and getting there quick.

Anyway just wondering what everyone else is got going on.[/quote]
xekisx wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:34 am
its not that hard, got this one working, for the battery part, what you do is desolder the red and black wire that goes to the bldc controller and resolder it to the inside using a voltmeter check which one is + and - , from there everything is straight forward.
By GhosTBusteR
M365GUY wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:54 am
What speeds are you guys getting out of your converted bird 2 ?
I have a few different controller/ battery setups I have been messing with and here are my results tracked via Garmin gps.

Anyway just wondering what everyone else is got going on.

I'm a bit of a novice at these things. I would appreciate if you could help me which wires to connect where and what kind of controller I need to buy for my scooter. If only m365 pro is enough, I will supply it. How do I make the cable connections? Can anyone help with a picture or video?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]