An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Marius Petz
johnydoey wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:21 pm
MikeSnow wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:57 pm
Chast wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:50 am
After a few days of fighting with the scooter, it works.
All you need is an arduino nano, mcp2515 and a 60v to 5v converter.
The arduino's job is to only send 29 frames.
Maximum speed 30km.

Now I will attach a bluetooth module to control driving and standbay mode
If you have the possibility, could you sniff the communication between battery and the rest of the system? I would really want to know how to make the battery stay active so I can use it outside the scooter without open it up.
I'm also very interested in activating the battery. Attached a picture to my knowledge... The connector is symmetric, so you could theoretically turn the battery 180°around. The power lines are black, red and one seems to be a charging + connection. The communication works through the pins I call X1, X2, X3. I guess one is only a "enabling pin" and 2 are communication pins. but I guess it is not can (CANH and CANL) but UART.
Hope it is helpful.
X1 is probably an charging pin. Here is an image of tier's charging center

By Chast
After Christmas I will check if this is not a rolling code to maintain the battery and what affects its change.

At the moment I am looking for eeprom dumps from the scooter version, which has a battery in the front and not in the floor.

The main thing I am looking for is the eeprom from the MyTier version. Along with the Bluetooth code.

As for the Arduino nano file, please contact me on priv or discord
By geo999
Hi guys,

I have a few of these batteries that I want to use as storage in a solar system, as you know, the problem is that the power is cut if drawing more than a few amps for more than a few seconds.
I know that the batteries can be opened and the cells recycled, but I want to keep them in the original form with the included BMS.
I assume that some CAN messages need to be sent to the battery in order to keep it alive and raise the limit of the current that can be drawn.
Can anyone share some CAN logs on the battery CAN bus ?, or, even better, some hints on the CAN messages that need to be sent ?

Thank you
By zuio
Marius Petz wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:47 am
johnydoey wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:21 pm
MikeSnow wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:57 pm

If you have the possibility, could you sniff the communication between battery and the rest of the system? I would really want to know how to make the battery stay active so I can use it outside the scooter without open it up.
I'm also very interested in activating the battery. Attached a picture to my knowledge... The connector is symmetric, so you could theoretically turn the battery 180°around. The power lines are black, red and one seems to be a charging + connection. The communication works through the pins I call X1, X2, X3. I guess one is only a "enabling pin" and 2 are communication pins. but I guess it is not can (CANH and CANL) but UART.
Hope it is helpful.
X1 is probably an charging pin. Here is an image of tier's charging center

Thanks for the images. That helps a lot. I have two batteries salvaged from broken scooters. I want to repurpose them. From the images, I infer that there is little communication between the charging station and the battery since it only connects to pins (+) and (+ CRG?). Did anyone try to recharge the battery with a power supply? Maybe 48 V between pins (+) and (+ CRG?) to charge?
By robbie
Hi here, I am wondering how you gain access to the battery? I have a broken ES400 with a very bent fork, but I'd like to take the battery and do some retrofit with it. I didn't dare put a lever on the metallic plate that moves by fear of damaging the battery.

Do you know how?

Also, afterwards I'd like to charge it. Any idea if a standard 50V li-ion charger would do ?
By TomS
Chast wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:39 am
After Christmas I will check if this is not a rolling code to maintain the battery and what affects its change.

At the moment I am looking for eeprom dumps from the scooter version, which has a battery in the front and not in the floor.

The main thing I am looking for is the eeprom from the MyTier version. Along with the Bluetooth code.

As for the Arduino nano file, please contact me on priv or discord
Hello how can we contact you? I would like to see the arduino code.
By brightgloaming
I believe I have found all of the CAN bus messages needed to unlock the ES400A scooter (display + battery + motor controller). I will open source all of the findings on GitHub when i make sure that they work well. I will post an update here when it's finished (should take less than a month).
In the meantime, be careful of the user Chast - he is a scam and doesn't send you any source code when he receives the money.
Good luck.
By MikeSnow
brightgloaming wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:23 pm
I believe I have found all of the CAN bus messages needed to unlock the ES400A scooter (display + battery + motor controller). I will open source all of the findings on GitHub when i make sure that they work well. I will post an update here when it's finished (should take less than a month).
In the meantime, be careful of the user Chast - he is a scam and doesn't send you any source code when he receives the money.
Good luck.
Amazing work! I hope this can work with only the battery, without the control / display. That would help a lot to use the battery stand alone, on a bike for example.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]