An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Rick Sanchez
@Aquaman I think i might missnamed the files i recorded on christmas by accident (I was buzzed on christmas like everybody else, the only way to bear the fact that everybody wants to play glory family by stealing your time) and it seems it was the communication between ESC and BMS.....but not shure any more so I decided to start from scratch again with a scooter beeing in bussiness instead of a drowned and revived one that'll never drive again. (Data from corpses may not always be valuable :roll: )
The last upload is a legit readout from a scooter in bussiness with proper documentation and named files.
Last edited by Rick Sanchez on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Rick Sanchez
@Biingobom

One way to get in is to use a GB-5A lever tool with shortened handles to release the hook that works like on a regular room door in the red marked area.

The other wrist to loosen the green marked screws, remove the front plastic part. Underneath you gonna find several other screws that have been drilled from the top after beeing fastened. To loose these screws you can hammer in a screwbit or you can do it like me by using a bite bit to turn them left. After that gently push the lock mechanism inside and from there to the front.

I didn't have more options to test yet because I only found two scooter that have been tossed into the harbour yet and they are hard to get out again eventhough I know a third position where to find a ES400 but the local authorities forbid to swim or fish there and it is under video observation what makes it impossible to get it out :cry:
By Tommek
Amazing work guys!
I follow you since a while cause we fished a es400 out of the river too. On one hand I’m looking forward to get this thing goin but on the other hand the process and the engineering work here that you do is damn interesting and brings more knowledge for myself. I love it!
(I am an engineer but not electronic engineering)
Please keep up with it. :!: :!:
Last edited by Tommek on Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By MikeManson
UgloBuglo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:26 am
SneakX wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:14 am
tried the ES400 with a Ninebot ES2 Controller. funny that this is working.
http://puu.sh/EXDAS/353187bb6e.mp4
just need to try this with the Tier Dashboard.
Well, both scoots use BLDC motors, so not that strange that it work.
I would be VERY surprised if the ES-400 dash works with the ESx ESC though ;)
your truth, it must work. i thought SneakX used the internal battery from ES-400, but no, everything from an ES except the motor
interesting is, that the wheel is going just 19km/h, it means, that the speed on scooters is not lowered via software, the motor wheel can not go faster :(

> I would be VERY surprised if the ES-400 dash works with the ESx ESC though
and no, it will not work, because it's a different protocol
By Gemalge
Great that you already started a topic for unlocking the ES400 Series. I recently moved to a city where quite a few ES400 get tossed regularly. I would interested in getting one or two battery for other projects. Could anyone who already has a ES400 make a picture of the opened battery compartment and the lock?
By SneakX
MikeManson wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:02 am
UgloBuglo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:26 am
SneakX wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:14 am
tried the ES400 with a Ninebot ES2 Controller. funny that this is working.
http://puu.sh/EXDAS/353187bb6e.mp4
just need to try this with the Tier Dashboard.
Well, both scoots use BLDC motors, so not that strange that it work.
I would be VERY surprised if the ES-400 dash works with the ESx ESC though ;)
your truth, it must work. i thought SneakX used the internal battery from ES-400, but no, everything from an ES except the motor
interesting is, that the wheel is going just 19km/h, it means, that the speed on scooters is not lowered via software, the motor wheel can not go faster :(

> I would be VERY surprised if the ES-400 dash works with the ESx ESC though
and no, it will not work, because it's a different protocol
Tier is from germany and the wheel is specially made for germany (street legal because of law) and i think it's cheaper if they won't change the speedlimit. just for austria would be i think more expensive for powerful wheels. (in austria is 25km/h allowed)

btw.
Tier front LED works with the ES2 Controller and ES2 Dashboard too but it looks like that you lose a bit light intensity.

Update 2:
i think because of the battery the scooter drives only 14km/h.
tested it yesterday outside.
i won't recommend this but it was funny to know. 8-)

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]