An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By tonton81
SPI boards have latency and reception limitations, overhead, lost frames. Better to have a microcontroller with built in CAN controller directly accessible from memory. You must add a transceiver to each microcontroller to use it's CAN functionality. I developed FlexCAN_T4 with performance in mind, and functions not available on any other open source library out there, and is being used in vehicles as well as communications link between mcus using a protocol I wrote for CAN and CANFD.
By funbag
How do one add a transceiver to the Teensy 4.0?
tonton81 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:47 am
SPI boards have latency and reception limitations, overhead, lost frames. Better to have a microcontroller with built in CAN controller directly accessible from memory. You must add a transceiver to each microcontroller to use it's CAN functionality. I developed FlexCAN_T4 with performance in mind, and functions not available on any other open source library out there, and is being used in vehicles as well as communications link between mcus using a protocol I wrote for CAN and CANFD.
By UgloBuglo
funbag wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:43 am
How do one add a transceiver to the Teensy 4.0?
I haven't found a ready solution, so you will likely have to create it yourself ifyou want it as a shield/cape (pleasase prove me wrong if a ready board exists).
Otherwise you could get a standalone board, perhaps something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SN65HVD230-CAN ... %7Ciid%3A1
By tonton81
No, the teensy 4.0 and skpang's breakout board. You can order them together pre assembled, so you can just plug it in and begin talking CAN :)

It has 3 CAN bus support, I use 2 in my car. You only feed it 12v and CAN lines, thats it, then use USB cable to debug or program
By Aquaman
These pictures does look like an ES200-D :roll: The ES400 only have the motor in the back wheel as far as I know.
Back Slash Krash wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 pm

Any other ES400 sightings in the USA?

Btw. the pinout/color of leads in the green 5pin juliet connector on the ES200 and ES400 are different in my experience, blue and yellow colour lead have replaced eachother on the ES400.
I had an connector from an ES400 I wanted to use to unlock an ES200 (missing original connector) with an arduino, Took at least 1 day to realise what was wrong for me then :x :|

All it took was too connect the yellow to 3.3v instead of the blue (enable wire), at least good it only was low voltage data lines so I didn't fry the arduino :roll:

Any progress for ES400 development, is it confirmed CAN-bus now? Will one of these fit the specs to communicate with an ES400 combined with an teensy or an esp32 or something else?

https://m.alibaba.com/product/607800051 ... x300xz.jpg
By funbag
Unfortunately the form factor is a bit too big on the preassembled kit. Will probably go for a Waveshare SN65HVD230 combined with a Teensy 4.0.

By the way, please check your PM.
tonton81 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:49 am
No, the teensy 4.0 and skpang's breakout board. You can order them together pre assembled, so you can just plug it in and begin talking CAN :)

It has 3 CAN bus support, I use 2 in my car. You only feed it 12v and CAN lines, thats it, then use USB cable to debug or program
By fast kill
Good evening,
I am following the developpement as I legally picked up a tier es400 that was impounded.

I hooked up a 1000w controller and I noticed 2 things:
1) there are 6 hall sensors wires and the controller only has 5, I found a combination that seems to work as the wheel spins but If i go full throttle directly, the motor stops and jams while doing some noise, so I have to accelerate very slowly until I can go full throttle. Any idea why? And how to overcome this?

2) the max speed seems to be limited, could it be the motor itself? And how to bypass that ?

I also bypassed the BMS as there is current limiting that would not allow it to run on that controller otherwise.
By Powzix
I'm able to unlock the ES400 by sending some CAN messages, however, it turns off with an error code after about 2 minutes. Anyone has any insights into how this process works? Anyone has a list of error codes? Anyone knows how to dump the firmware off of the chips?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]