An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Rick Sanchez
@funbag not yet. Today is the first day I've got free time and solid soil under my feet, I worked for barley 70 hours this week doing electrical connections for offshore windmill foundations and we had storm most of the time. At the moment every muscle of my body hurts, I think I'm on the way breeding a flu and I'm several hundered miles from home where my scooter sits waiting for progress. As soon we've got good news you gonna read it here :)
By funbag
Got it Rick! Take care of yourself and have the rest you need. I'm not trying to push anyone here, was just curious of any potential progress. Good luck with the work and hope you'll be home soon without any flu or muscle ache! :)
Rick Sanchez wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:26 am
@funbag not yet. Today is the first day I've got free time and solid soil under my feet, I worked for barley 70 hours this week doing electrical connections for offshore windmill foundations and we had storm most of the time. At the moment every muscle of my body hurts, I think I'm on the way breeding a flu and I'm several hundered miles from home where my scooter sits waiting for progress. As soon we've got good news you gonna read it here :)
By Ghostwire
Hey,

I am really interested in this whole e scooter reverse engineering topic and would really like to get more into it. Could you give me any tips or topics on how to get started and some buzzwords so I know what topics I should look up?

My current knowledge: Web and Backend Dev for 4 years, CS Student, basic knowledge in reversing video games

Thanks in advance and for the great thread about the ES200

Ghostwire
By MrSpriggs1
Hey,
Get a scooter, take it apart. Then find the forum for that same model of scooter
Ghostwire wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 am
Hey,

I am really interested in this whole e scooter reverse engineering topic and would really like to get more into it. Could you give me any tips or topics on how to get started and some buzzwords so I know what topics I should look up?

My current knowledge: Web and Backend Dev for 4 years, CS Student, basic knowledge in reversing video games

Thanks in advance and for the great thread about the ES200

Ghostwire
By UgloBuglo
deniZ34 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:16 pm
While the battery is locked up too (cuts of energy) , I'm wondering if this thing talks CAN too. :roll:
Probably. That's the nice part with CAN, all components in the network can communicate, and each component only listen to the messages it is interested in.
By UgloBuglo
As a side note, those of you interested in learning about hacking vehicles should take a look at the book "The Car Hacker's Handbook—A Guide for the Penetration Tester" by Craig Smith.

Here is a breakdown of the chapters in this book, some of them are very interesting:

• Chapter 1: Understanding Threat Models
  • Chapter 2: Bus Protocols
  • Chapter 3: Vehicle Communication with SocketCAN
  • Chapter 4: Diagnostics and Logging
  • Chapter 5: Reverse Engineering the CAN Bus
  • Chapter 6: ECU Hacking
  • Chapter 7: Building and Using ECU Test Benches
  • Chapter 8: Attacking ECUs and Other Embedded Systems
  • Chapter 9: In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems
  • Chapter 10: Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication
  • Chapter 11: Weaponizing CAN Findings
  • Chapter 12: Attacking Wireless Systems with SDR
  • Chapter 13: Performance Tuning
By deniZ34
UgloBuglo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:11 am
As a side note, those of you interested in learning about hacking vehicles should take a look at the book "The Car Hacker's Handbook—A Guide for the Penetration Tester" by Craig Smith.

Here is a breakdown of the chapters in this book, some of them are very interesting:

• Chapter 1: Understanding Threat Models
  • Chapter 2: Bus Protocols
  • Chapter 3: Vehicle Communication with SocketCAN
  • Chapter 4: Diagnostics and Logging
  • Chapter 5: Reverse Engineering the CAN Bus
  • Chapter 6: ECU Hacking
  • Chapter 7: Building and Using ECU Test Benches
  • Chapter 8: Attacking ECUs and Other Embedded Systems
  • Chapter 9: In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems
  • Chapter 10: Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication
  • Chapter 11: Weaponizing CAN Findings
  • Chapter 12: Attacking Wireless Systems with SDR
  • Chapter 13: Performance Tuning
Are those people who made a readout 100% sure it is CAN they talk to each other? I'm really lokking forward to skill up on electrical engineering and bring this project forward rather than reading uncompressed knowledge on all fields :D

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]