An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
I have not addressed this issue yet. I would guess a large enough pair of Vise-Grip pliers, and replace with appropriate thread conventional nuts. Be sure to let us all know what your experience was with the process.

Best of luck.

-Wolf
Wingnut510 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:44 am
I have not addressed this issue yet. I would guess a large enough pair of Vise-Grip pliers, and replace with appropriate thread conventional nuts. Be sure to let us all know what your experience was with the process.

Best of luck.

-Wolf
Will try that thank you. That’s what I was thinking, I have some conventional BMX nuts ill throw on when I manage to get the dann thing off :lol:
What I did was even more simple: took the WD-40 spray and gave them a good amount. Came back to the scooter the next morning and I could unscrew them simply with a big plier... If it won't move and you don't want custom tools, take a Dremel and make two paralel straight surfaces on the side of the screw so you'll be able to grab it with a wrench and twist it. I can attach a picture later.
uvegpohar wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:32 am
What I did was even more simple: took the WD-40 spray and gave them a good amount. Came back to the scooter the next morning and I could unscrew them simply with a big plier... If it won't move and you don't want custom tools, take a Dremel and make two paralel straight surfaces on the side of the screw so you'll be able to grab it with a wrench and twist it. I can attach a picture later.
Did you replace the nuts with new ones? would you happen to know the diameter of the thread and how many threads per inch (tpi)? It looks like 9mm to me but if I can get the right one right away that’d be awesome
Late, I know... but maybe still helpful for others dealing with this and many other custom tamper-resistant schemes.
Especially around Christmas you may have seen on TV, the "Gator Grip" universal socket - a 3/8" drive deep socket featuring spring-loaded cylindrical pins that can form around the shape of conventional hex shapes, and unusual shapes, wingnuts, worn and deformed fasteners, etc.
Among the many offerings (and manufacturers) I've seen at Amazon, there are even heavier-duty versions made with closer-fitting hexagonal pins. But the original can be found even at Walmart.

With custom fastener designs on other e-vehicles, I've gotten lucky with the 5-sided utility socket, and the 7- and 11-splined sockets (made for locking auto rims), as appropriate.
Have also found 5-lobe security Torx bit sets at Amazon - didn't even know these were "a thing" until encountering them on one e-bike.
DSAdev wrote:Late, I know... but maybe still helpful for others dealing with this and many other custom tamper-resistant schemes.
Especially around Christmas you may have seen on TV, the "Gator Grip" universal socket - a 3/8" drive deep socket featuring spring-loaded cylindrical pins that can form around the shape of conventional hex shapes, and unusual shapes, wingnuts, worn and deformed fasteners, etc.
Among the many offerings (and manufacturers) I've seen at Amazon, there are even heavier-duty versions made with closer-fitting hexagonal pins. But the original can be found even at Walmart.

With custom fastener designs on other e-vehicles, I've gotten lucky with the 5-sided utility socket, and the 7- and 11-splined sockets (made for locking auto rims), as appropriate.
Have also found 5-lobe security Torx bit sets at Amazon - didn't even know these were "a thing" until encountering them on one e-bike.
Any input is appreciated, and as you said hopefully this thread will help someone else with the same problem
Caidyn wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Any input is appreciated, and as you said hopefully this thread will help someone else with the same problem
Hey, sorry for the late reply, but so far I have not been able to find the right six sided nut for the rear wheel thread, seems kinda unique. But my previously described method - grinding down two sides of the original nut - provides more than enough gripping surface to tighten/release the nut.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]