An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
Those with the seagull, has any of you hit 24.6mph (41kph) freewheel?

My max speed on a 200b is 23.0mph (37kph) freewheel and 18mph (30kph) with load. This is on a BMS bypassed battery on the "output side". I don't think thus scooter will go faster than that stock. The only difference is I dont get the feeling of the scooter pulsing when riding. Much more smooth ride.
Can you explain what you mean with "BMS bypassed battery on output side*? All kinds of hacks are interesting as long as they don't ruin the scooter :)
Wileok wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:20 pm
Those with the seagull, has any of you hit 24.6mph (41kph) freewheel?

My max speed on a 200b is 23.0mph (37kph) freewheel and 18mph (30kph) with load. This is on a BMS bypassed battery on the "output side". I don't think thus scooter will go faster than that stock. The only difference is I dont get the feeling of the scooter pulsing when riding. Much more smooth ride.
Hi everybody,
I made some "experimentation" with unlock codes for the es-200g.
Found out some pretty fun "options" that you can activate and desactivate quite easily.
But also found a way to f**k-up my scooter ...
I start translating the hex comands to binary to see if there were somthing like options that can be activated as boolean. And actualy it is the case.
My experiments focused more on the 4th packet.
So if you take this code for exemple : A6 12 02 F5 E4 31
I did not tested anything on the 3 first one, the 4th one had all the options and the fifth is more of a speed mode control one. The last one is just a CRC/Maxim.
So by taking F5 to binary you got 11110101
The first two i don't know what they are doing, the third one is to get a slow (0) or a fast acceleration (1), the 4th is to select KPH (1) or MPH (0) ,the 5th one did not make any visible change for me, the 6th one is coresponding to the front light (0 off/1 on), the 7th is to make the headlight blink and the last one to allow the controler to spin the wheel (1 ok/0 locked)
So if you want mo make your own command, you just have to change the digits to what you want to obtain.

Now, i come to my problem, i was testing all the diferents digits to try to see what they where making.
Like 00000001 to just enable the controler, 00000101 to turn on the contoler with the headlight.
But when i arrived to 01000001(So 0x41, 0xA6 0x12 0x02 0X41 0x14 0x7C as a complete command) , the screen shortly show somthing different that usal (so short that i had not the time to read it), so i tried to start up the sequance again to see if it will show me that again. Since, everything seems dead, nothing is responding, even with standard commands that i know to be working.
Does anyone know how to "wake it up" again ?

PS : by pluging the battery charger, the color of the light switch on the charger but nothing on the screen of the scooter

Edit : i just find out that the front wheel is now free wheeling all the time and not "braking" like it was doing previously
Edit 2 : get it back to work just by unpluging the battery and pluging it in again. Now i get error 12E for somthing like half a second at startup, does somone know why ?

Final EDIT : Get it back to work only by unpluging the battery and pluging it in back again
Last edited by Pata27 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
@Pata27
Thats great work, It makes sense that they would have been using binary for the commands. The STM103 on the ESC is so under powered I couldn't see any way of fitting all these hex commands on a processor that small. But flipping a bit is easy. Im going to work that into my project.
Pata27 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:26 am
Hi everybody,
I made some "experimentation" with unlock codes for the es-200g.
Found out some pretty fun "options" that you can activate and desactivate quite easily.
But also found a way to f**k-up my scooter ...
I start translating the hex comands to binary to see if there were somthing like options that can be activated as boolean. And actualy it is the case.
My experiments focused more on the 4th packet.
So if you take this code for exemple : A6 12 02 F5 E4 31
I did not tested anything on the 3 first one, the 4th one had all the options and the fifth is more of a speed mode control one. The last one is just a CRC/Maxim.
So by taking F5 to binary you got 11110101
The first two i don't know what they are doing, the third one is to get a slow (0) or a fast acceleration (1), the 4th is to select KPH (1) or MPH (0) ,the 5th one did not make any visible change for me, the 6th one is coresponding to the front light (0 off/1 on), the 7th is to make the headlight blink and the last one to allow the controler to spin the wheel (1 ok/0 locked)
So if you want mo make your own command, you just have to change the digits to what you want to obtain.

Now, i come to my problem, i was testing all the diferents digits to try to see what they where making.
Like 00000001 to just enable the controler, 00000101 to turn on the contoler with the headlight.
But when i arrived to 01000001(So 0x41, 0xA6 0x12 0x02 0X41 0x14 0x7C as a complete command) , the screen shortly show somthing different that usal (so short that i had not the time to read it), so i tried to start up the sequance again to see if it will show me that again. Since, everything seems dead, nothing is responding, even with standard commands that i know to be working.
Does anyone know how to "wake it up" again ?

PS : by pluging the battery charger, the color of the light switch on the charger but nothing on the screen of the scooter

Edit : i just find out that the front wheel is now free wheeling all the time and not "braking" like it was doing previously
Edit 2 : get it back to work just by unpluging the battery and pluging it in again. Now i get error 12E for somthing like half a second at startup, does somone know why ?

Final EDIT : Get it back to work only by unpluging the battery and pluging it in back again

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]