An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
I might speed up the process for the ES400 in the next few days. Thanks to a very good black friday deal I got my hands on a digilent digital discovery that is on it's way to me and works as both, logic analyzer and pattern generator. I managed to equip an old RV with a small workbench plus electronics laboratory with a multimeter, a computer, a digital scope, power tools with security bits, a large secondary battery and a strong inverter. Me and a friend should be able to sniff the unlock and lock sequence from a living ES400s CAN BUS.... and leave it back into it's rental business afterwards :!: If anyone wants some more measurements done you should tell me before we start :D
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 pm
Hey I started a how to for setup a ES-200B scooter. I hope someone will get some use out of it.

https://hackaday.io/project/168667-elec ... r-teardown
I am still pretty new to ScooterTalk and unlocking but love seeing what a tight knit community it is. I found your hackaday a day or so ago. Looks like a great place to document a solution clearly and concisely, sans questions and discussion. Looking forward to seeing your work and helping if I can.
Please forgive me if this is a dumb question but has anyone tried putting one of the scooters SIM cards in a burner phone and seeing what comes through when you unlock a live scooter via app?

I know its wishful thinking but imagine if it were a simple unlock code that we could send ourselves to the scooter.

I know it cant be that easy but would be interested to hear progress.
@Rick Sanchez Sorry 'bout that, I missed the mentioning of that.
bigredrobot wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:41 am
Please forgive me if this is a dumb question but has anyone tried putting one of the scooters SIM cards in a burner phone and seeing what comes through when you unlock a live scooter via app?

I know its wishful thinking but imagine if it were a simple unlock code that we could send ourselves to the scooter.

I know it cant be that easy but would be interested to hear progress.
haven't exactly tried that but I would say that it doesn't work because the sim just get used to send data to the company, it's not as if the sim is completely paired to the scooter and unlocks everything.

I've had one of these sims in a phone and I could use the data and get called (couldn't make calls) the number was from california (lime scooter)
In order to give the ES200 an own secured hotspot in the later progress that can be controlled by an app like Blynk I started cooking together a scribt for ESP MCUs that repeats the unlock sequence. Since I'm not that familiar with ESP8266 (I just used it as deauther and tasmota controlled MQTT output for home automation yet :roll: ) I'll have to read a lot now and it only does the same job like V0.1 so far after pressing reset on the MCU. I atached a logic cut for digilents "WaveForms" (download is free from the supliers website) from the actual progress and named the signals in the aquisition. The sequence starts on second -1.9248 but I don't know what the stuff in front is, it even apears without scribt and empty flash on the TX line after hitting reset :shock: By the way the MCUs younger specimen the ESP32 could be an interesting choice for the ES400 due to the fact it speaks CAN :mrgreen:
Attachments
(18.01 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
Last edited by Rick Sanchez on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey Welcome I can't wait to find the time to see what else we can do with this unlock. Like go control the head light and go faster more importantly. Join the team on Hackaday.io and we can get things done.
bigredrobot wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:09 am
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 pm
Hey I started a how to for setup a ES-200B scooter. I hope someone will get some use out of it.

https://hackaday.io/project/168667-elec ... r-teardown
I am still pretty new to ScooterTalk and unlocking but love seeing what a tight knit community it is. I found your hackaday a day or so ago. Looks like a great place to document a solution clearly and concisely, sans questions and discussion. Looking forward to seeing your work and helping if I can.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]