An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
i found an Bird Zero with an ES100 Controller.
i tried to flash it with the Arduino Nano but still get this error. same result with 2 other arduino nano's.

i connected the blue one on to 3.3V and the green one to TX1 on the Arduino and used bastis mod 0.1.

on the Bird is the Errorcode 06E -> no Controller (the one with GPS and SIM Card better said the brain.)

did someone know how can i fix that?
So 2 problems here.
First you have difficulties flashing your Arduino.
I think you're trying to flash it with the cable connected to the scooter, an I wrong? If not, unplug it while flashing. Otherwise check your driver.
2 ND problem 06e mean controller problem, maybe try to unplug the battery an plug it in back. Also check your connection between controller and dashboard.
If nothing is resolving this 2nd problem, your controller is probably dead
SneakX wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 pm
i tried to flash it with the Arduino Nano but still get this error. same result with 2 other arduino nano's.

Pata27 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:28 pm
So 2 problems here.
First you have difficulties flashing your Arduino.
I think you're trying to flash it with the cable connected to the scooter, an I wrong? If not, unplug it while flashing. Otherwise check your driver.
2 ND problem 06e mean controller problem, maybe try to unplug the battery an plug it in back. Also check your connection between controller and dashboard.
If nothing is resolving this 2nd problem, your controller is probably dead
SneakX wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 pm

flash worked with Xloader but if i connect the TX to the Arduino the Scooter lights up for few seconds (no front light) and then it goes dark again.
display no reaction too. only if i connect the power cable to recharge the display goes on and show me the battery % and goes dark again after few seconds. like normal charging.

DFTC wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:46 pm
[...]
Don't forget to remember which controller you are talking about, otherwise it's complicated to follow the discussions and evolutions.
Good point! I was talking about the ES200G, will edit the post accordingly.
Btw do the new versions of the Tier and Circ scooters in Germany have the same controller?
Buddasticks wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:25 pm
all i know is tht the yellow wire is labled alarm on the bms pcb
Interesting! I wanted to open up the battery, but everything is covered in the black seal, and since I intend to keep the bms intact removing all that goo was not worth the effort for just looking at it.
Maybe then its some kind of trigger for an emergency shutdown, if the bms notices something massively wrong..
@x7y
@MrSpriggs1
@draculauto

I tried right now to start ES-200B with Arduino Uno and plug/cable from ES-400, but without any success.
tired the es200B_Vmax+__lightOn_Turbo .

The pin-out in picture below is almost right for that cable, but blue yellow are reverse side.

Is the impotent wires only the middle one (green in this case) and GND (maybe blue for 3v3, but tried that as well).
In the connector; are the middle one Rx on scooter (and therefore connects to tx on arduino/esp32 etc.)

@draculauto exactly witch wires/pins (color not necessary importent) did you use in the plug if you compare picture below (blue and yellow maybe reversed in a real scenario like i mentioned
x7y wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 am
Hello,

I tried yesterday to start ES200G with arduino, but without any success.

This is a pinout of male connector

blue to 3v3, yellow to rx0, green to tx1. Right?

Power 5V over usb.

No reaction....
only power led lights green
draculauto wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:50 pm
Thanks pata27 ;)

Works on ES200B
Freewheel vmax 38,7kmh before 36.9kmh

Here is the code i use on arduino nano files .ino :
Isn't the ES-400 the version of the Scooter that only works with CAN not the standard UART. There is an Forum just for the ES-400. Why don't you look around there.
Aquaman wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:26 pm
@x7y
@MrSpriggs1
@draculauto

I tried right now to start ES-200B with Arduino Uno and plug/cable from ES-400, but without any success.

The pin-out in picture below is almost right for that cable, but blue yellow are reverse side.

Is the impotent wires only the middle one (green in this case) and GND (maybe blue for 3v3, but tried that as well).
In the connector; are the middle one Rx on scooter (and therefore connects to tx on arduino/esp32 etc.)

@draculauto exactly witch wires/pins (color not necessary importent) did you use in the plug if you compare picture below (blue and yellow maybe reversed in a real scenario like i mentioned
x7y wrote:
Hello,

Power 5V over usb.

No reaction....
draculauto wrote:
Thanks pata27 ;)

Works on ES200B

Sorry if I confused you by mentioning the ES-400.

It's only the Juliet-connectior (nothing but wire) that's from ES-400

The scooter/esc is for sure ES-200B.
I don't have an multimeter right here so I can't check if the wire connections/colours in the juliet is exactly the same between versions.

Witch pins in the Juliet connector do you use when it works?
Is the important ones only GND and middle pin(Rx on esc, connected to TX on Arduino, esp32 etc.)
GND is of cause where it says control/blue in the pic.

Can anyone confirm pin-out and colour of wires in Juliet-connector,
are all ES-100x,ES200x,ES-400x the same pin-out/colours?
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:34 pm
Isn't the ES-400 the version of the Scooter that only works with CAN not the standard UART. There is an Forum just for the ES-400. Why don't you look around there.
Aquaman wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:26 pm
@x7y
@MrSpriggs1
@draculauto

x7y wrote:
Hello,

Power 5V over usb.

No reaction....
draculauto wrote:
Thanks pata27 ;)

Works on ES200B

Last edited by Aquaman on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
When i checked the pin-out on the cable I used (from an ES-400 IOT/GPS-box),
blue and yellow was mirrored from your pictures, like this:

You have checked your connector with multimeter or something right?
If so it's likely that colours; blue and yellow are mirrored between ES-200x and ES-400 connectors/cables.

But it should not matter because ESC RX-pin is the middle one right?! That one and GND is the same on both cables.
I going to try again in one hour or two, but I´m pretty sure I tried with my yellow (would be blue if mirrored) connected to 3.3v also and no luck that time.

I think I´m going to try disconnect the battery for 1-2 min from ESC before I try and see if there´s a difference.

draculauto wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:56 am
here are the right colors for es200b

Blue pin is obligatory 3.3v on arduino , without it the scooter will not start.
Use usb câble or stepdown for 5v arduino.

https://i.imgur.com/HpkPpKg.jpg
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?