An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Hello,
I recently purchased a lime sj2.5 from a police auction reseller (someone bought a lot of lime scooters and is reselling them individually). The scooter was fairly cheap, and I would like to keep the cost of converting it low. I have successfully removed the lime box from the front and wired in an arduino which I am using as a serial to usb adapter. Using realterm, I am able to view hex from the scooter and have been able to verify that I am using the correct CRC, but the scooter does not respond to any commands sent to it. Due to the recent pruning of threads due to theft of scooters, my only resource for info on the serial protocol is now gone. Is there anyone here who would be able to confirm that the commands I am sending are correct or if my realterm settings are wrong?

On a related note, the FCC filings for the lime gps box indicate some kind of magnetic sensor. Does anyone know what this may be for? I doubt its a compass because the diagram shows an area on the case and suggests holding a magnet to it.
eyesack wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:22 pm
Hello,
I recently purchased a lime sj2.5 from a police auction reseller (someone bought a lot of lime scooters and is reselling them individually). The scooter was fairly cheap, and I would like to keep the cost of converting it low. I have successfully removed the lime box from the front and wired in an arduino which I am using as a serial to usb adapter. Using realterm, I am able to view hex from the scooter and have been able to verify that I am using the correct CRC, but the scooter does not respond to any commands sent to it. Due to the recent pruning of threads due to theft of scooters, my only resource for info on the serial protocol is now gone. Is there anyone here who would be able to confirm that the commands I am sending are correct or if my realterm settings are wrong?

On a related note, the FCC filings for the lime gps box indicate some kind of magnetic sensor. Does anyone know what this may be for? I doubt its a compass because the diagram shows an area on the case and suggests holding a magnet to it.
confirm codes? where are these codes you want confimed? :?:
Since this thread is still getting replies, here's an update: I abandoned using Arduino altogether, instead I am using a serial to Bluetooth adapter (hc-05). All said and done, making this work was not nearly as difficult as it may seem. With some help I was able to get my solution working, however the information required is all out there, most of it on this forum. Some of the important threads were removed, however, they are still available through google cache. All you need hardware-wise is a lime sj2.5 and a Bluetooth to serial board that works on 3.3v.
eyesack wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:08 pm
Since this thread is still getting replies, here's an update: I abandoned using Arduino altogether, instead I am using a serial to Bluetooth adapter (hc-05). All said and done, making this work was not nearly as difficult as it may seem. With some help I was able to get my solution working, however the information required is all out there, most of it on this forum. Some of the important threads were removed, however, they are still available through google cache. All you need hardware-wise is a lime sj2.5 and a Bluetooth to serial board that works on 3.3v.
Can you help me i trying to make same but i’m little noobie :). Photos and little will be enough i thing Thanks :)!
Hi. I have the same system as you. I have a code that lights the scooter and another to cut it except that it does not start. Try using other bluethoot software. I don’t speak English so I’m sorry if the google translator makes mistakes 🙈

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]