An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Well thank you for your response I'm new to micro chargers and the bluetooth setup well all of this is new to me i have figured out a method to get them on light work dash works but if you could pm me or email me i would greatly appreciate it kinda need a walk through from here your simplest way to get the heart back beating I've been reading the forum for months and i finally come across your thread
Last edited by Marley29 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Well thank you for your response I'm new to micro chargers and the bluetooth setup well all of this is new to me i have figured out a method to get them on light work dash works but if you could pm me or email me i would greatly appreciate it kinda need a walk through from here your simplest way to get the heart back beating I've been reading the forum for months and i finally come across your thread
ZipperZ wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:07 am
Stradonitz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 am
Hello, Thank you for your work, I read the whole thing and it turns out that I do not understand a part. Once the arduino connected to the Lime controller series, what program should run on the arduino. thank you
The program YOU will create. To be honest I used arduino for the first time while doing this and it took me only few hours to "google-out" the information. If you do not have any background in uC programming it might take you a day or two. Good luck ;)
Bonjour je suis nouveau sur ce forum et est heureux de voir autant de passionnés qui en plus poussent les autres à s’améliorer
J'utilisais un software avec 3 Firmware qui me permettais de réinitialiser les ninebot ES1/2/3/4, en valeur d'usine sans changer aucune pièce dessus, pour ce faire j'avais un câble TTL USB ( TX /RX /GND/ et une diode) que je branchais directement sur la fiche femelle du GPS avec un programme dédier a cela qui me permettait de faire un reset IAP de la machine.
Pensez-vous que l'on puisse communiquer via la même méthode, donc directement en branchant un TTL en gardant bien sûr que le ( TX/RX/GND) brancher cela sur la fiche du GPS et injecter le code ?
Je suis novice sur arduino mais je me pose beaucoup de questions :)
Est-il possible d'envoyer des instructions par impulsion afin de pouvoir par exemple éteindre l'appareil, allumer la lampe... ?
l'accès via un arduino fonctionne-t-il aussi sur une bird zero ? Car il me semble qu'il utilise les mêmes protocoles.
Une dernière question :), ces fameuses lignes de code, vous les envoyez via la console ?

Merci pour le temps que vous avez passé dessus et vive la science :)
electricool wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:02 pm
ZipperZ wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:07 am
Stradonitz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 am
Hello, Thank you for your work, I read the whole thing and it turns out that I do not understand a part. Once the arduino connected to the Lime controller series, what program should run on the arduino. thank you
The program YOU will create. To be honest I used arduino for the first time while doing this and it took me only few hours to "google-out" the information. If you do not have any background in uC programming it might take you a day or two. Good luck ;)
Bonjour je suis nouveau sur ce forum et est heureux de voir autant de passionnés qui en plus poussent les autres à s’améliorer
J'utilisais un software avec 3 Firmware qui me permettais de réinitialiser les ninebot ES1/2/3/4, en valeur d'usine sans changer aucune pièce dessus, pour ce faire j'avais un câble TTL USB ( TX /RX /GND/ et une diode) que je branchais directement sur la fiche femelle du GPS avec un programme dédier a cela qui me permettait de faire un reset IAP de la machine.
Pensez-vous que l'on puisse communiquer via la même méthode, donc directement en branchant un TTL en gardant bien sûr que le ( TX/RX/GND) brancher cela sur la fiche du GPS et injecter le code ?
Je suis novice sur arduino mais je me pose beaucoup de questions :)
Est-il possible d'envoyer des instructions par impulsion afin de pouvoir par exemple éteindre l'appareil, allumer la lampe... ?
l'accès via un arduino fonctionne-t-il aussi sur une bird zero ? Car il me semble qu'il utilise les mêmes protocoles.
Une dernière question :), ces fameuses lignes de code, vous les envoyez via la console ?

Merci pour le temps que vous avez passé dessus et vive la science :)
Sorry I do not speak French(?)
Hey! Thanks for the great work you did on discovering the control protocol. :idea: :D

I'm working on a Lime-S SJ2.5 myself. I have it hooked up through a clone USB-TTL adapter. I can see messages 46 58 ... 44 50 coming in every second. By sending command 0x12 I can turn the headlight on and off, so that tells me my serial setup is talking to the scooter's control board just fine and that I am calculating the CRC's correctly.

Sending 61 .. F0 command turns off the scooter. Sending a 61 .. F1 turns the dash on (00.0km/h + 2 battery bars) and makes the 06E error go away. Versions report as hardware LIS01_HW_1.0.3_20181016000000, firmware LIS01_FW_1.8.3_201907250912XX.

I assume after sending the 61 .. F1 enable motor controller command, the scooter would work and would respond to the throttle. It however does not. When I push the throttle, the motor does not respond. :oops: Am I missing something?

Also, before I got an 08E error “Motor OT”. Anyone know what it means and how to resolve this? Now the error seems to be gone.

Feedback or help would be appreciated. ;)
johndoe135464 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:40 pm
Hey! Thanks for the great work you did on discovering the control protocol. :idea: :D

I'm working on a Lime-S SJ2.5 myself. I have it hooked up through a clone USB-TTL adapter. I can see messages 46 58 ... 44 50 coming in every second. By sending command 0x12 I can turn the headlight on and off, so that tells me my serial setup is talking to the scooter's control board just fine and that I am calculating the CRC's correctly.

Sending 61 .. F0 command turns off the scooter. Sending a 61 .. F1 turns the dash on (00.0km/h + 2 battery bars) and makes the 06E error go away. Versions report as hardware LIS01_HW_1.0.3_20181016000000, firmware LIS01_FW_1.8.3_201907250912XX.

I assume after sending the 61 .. F1 enable motor controller command, the scooter would work and would respond to the throttle. It however does not. When I push the throttle, the motor does not respond. :oops: Am I missing something?

Also, before I got an 08E error “Motor OT”. Anyone know what it means and how to resolve this? Now the error seems to be gone.

Great! Do you have the pinout to build a cable that can be directly plugged in the one going out of the scooter? I want to build without soldering any cable ON THE SCOOTER. I have seeduino. Pm me if you want
orikata wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:50 am
Motor needs inertia to work. Start with your foot then push the throttle ;)
I was happy to see your response, thinking "damn that makes sense, why didn't I think of that" :D But unfortunately starting by foot does not work. The motor seems to get no power at all when I push the throttle. Even when the dash reports my foot gets the scooter up to 10km/h.
johndoe135464 wrote:

08E it's NOT "Motor OT". In documentation there is a Brake Failure. I have this error few times on scooters I used. Acceleration not working. It's not to speed up and then run. Once, I pushed brake handle few times and error disappeared, I could ride. It's something with brake. Check connections.

--
No acceleration and brake force
1. if this only happens when you pull the brake lever, adjust the brake at the drum (rear end) so the sensors in the lever don't pull so far away from each other.
2. If this is a consistent error, check the connection in the head, behind the handlebar.
Mick Ray wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:04 pm
johndoe135464 wrote:

08E it's NOT "Motor OT". In documentation there is a Brake Failure. I have this error few times on scooters I used. Acceleration not working. It's not to speed up and then run. Once, I pushed brake handle few times and error disappeared, I could ride. It's something with brake. Check connections.

--
No acceleration and brake force
1. if this only happens when you pull the brake lever, adjust the brake at the drum (rear end) so the sensors in the lever don't pull so far away from each other.
2. If this is a consistent error, check the connection in the head, behind the handlebar.
08 is for sure brake lever fault. It senses 2 positions: brake on and brake off. If the brake lever will be disconnected or the magnet missing in the lever it will not work. I have tried attaching the magnet with tape to the hall sensor, but did not manage to find correct position (the lever was broken). But lever from xiaomi m365 works fine as a direct replacement (mechanically and electrically), no need to modify anything.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]