An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By nnbveh
Hi! I've got the battery from Lime 2.5, but I have no scooter itself, it was too damaged to keep. I'm thinking of using it for another project, and trying to figure out how am I going to charge the thing. Someone told me that since there's BMS inside it might not change unless the controller tells it to. Is that correct? The battery itself has two sets of wires....

Apologize if I'm asking something very obvious, I'm very be to this. Also, I've tried to use the search function but it just tells me that the keywords I'm using are too common, no matter what I try :)

Thanks!
By jwf
I have taken the charging port out of the neck and used that with the charger and the batteries charge fine. Just make sure to plug the white connectors together as there is a diode on the line.
By Danilus
I recently found a battery with the cables cut and as I supposed, when I disassembled it I saw that the BMS had been fried. I wonder if anyone knows where to get the original BMS or will I have to buy a generic and mount it outside. Thank you

By nnbveh
jwf wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:00 am
I have taken the charging port out of the neck and used that with the charger and the batteries charge fine. Just make sure to plug the white connectors together as there is a diode on the line.
Thank you! I don't have a charging port unfortunately...

So you mean you've short-cut two pins on the white connector? Permanently or just while charging?

Could you also write specifications of your charger? Thanks!
this the battery off of a lime s3 might be different but i charged through the output its self. havent exploded anything yet.

i also added a n extra output lead. i opened the battery and solder new wire to the output so i can add another connector just incase i want to keep the current one.

so far ive charged 4 times from 33 volt up to 42. the protection should still kick it adn the bms should still work in balancing the cells. the charger turns the red light green when full.
So to charge the scooter battery without a controller is to connect the negative and positive in the white connector? I bought a Chinese motor controller and can't figure out where to plug in the charger so I'm trying to find a way to charge it without having to plug it into a controller
nnbveh wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:17 am
jwf wrote:
Thank you! I don't have a charging port unfortunately...

So you mean you've short-cut two pins on the white connector? Permanently or just while charging?

Could you also write specifications of your charger? Thanks!
nnbveh wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:17 am
jwf wrote:
Does there need to be an intervening controller between the actual charger and the battery? I have a different controller which I believe is from a nine-bot ES2, however, it has 4 sensor wires that go into the charger. Could I use this controller and just not plug in the sensor wires?
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?