An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Caidyn
Caidyn wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:51 am
M20001 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:16 pm
It’s possible that the app Lime employees have is able to communicate with scooters close by via Bluetooth regardless of a sim being installed.
Now ist the Question how to find that out. You need a password for pairing with the scooter, and then you have to know the
bluetooth commands for controlling the scooter. The Scooters have a number plate under the handlebars, so i think this number has to do with the bluetooth part. It can be a number for calculating the password, oa, but to find more out we have to know this from someone who knows more.
If we can figure out the password then we should be at least able to see what type of services are available, it’s a six digit numeric pic so there can only be 1000000 possible combinations. :lol: Right now I don’t even know of an application on my Mac where I can try the password. The only one I found doesn’t tell me if it’s correct or not.
By M20001
We can speak via bluetooth with the scooter if we have the password. But we do not have the app to configure the scooter. We have to send commands to the scooter, but who says us if the commands are correct? Or do you have a configuration app from lime who can communicate with the scooter if the password is correct?
By SJAAK
so can I connect to this controller via a uart serial controller or do I need to buy the special ST-LINK/V2 tool?
By jangut
ray_t wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:22 pm
I just converted a Lime 3.0 for personal use. I could not get the original controller to work, or to be precise, I had no ambition to hook it up to a logic analyzer and reverse engineer it.

So I bought a cheap 50$ 500W controller and hooked it up. Don't forget to buy one made explicitly for motors without hall sensors, as the 3.0 motor has none - just some wires connected to feedback windings.

Works ok, but this scooter is only fun to ride on smooth streets. You definitely need air tyres. Max. range at 30km/h is about 20km; although after 10km speed drops to 25 km/h
Hey can you share what Controller you used? + wiring?
By aetsch
Marinarlie wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:05 pm
Alex88baby wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:00 pm
So I'm taking this original post down. P.M. me for details. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :o :o :o
I have an auctioned g3, please hit me with the details
Same here!! :!: Need the Original Information from the deleted post please. Thx
By ramsesp
It’s christmas time and so here is a little gift: I’ve managed to convert a Lime 3.0 to a personal scooter.
And here are the essential informations to do it yourself.

I’ve used these parts:

Controller
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07DB6 ... UTF8&psc=1

Throttle/Lock
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07JG7 ... UTF8&psc=1

While the tail light uses 4,5V which is provided from the controller f.e. at the PAS-plug (as shown in the wiring scheme), the head light needs 6V. At the original Lime scooter this comes from a small rechargeable battery that also powers the GPS-Connection-Pack in the green box. So I removed the green box completely and used a LED-Lenser-Light instead.

You don’t need to connect the three thin cables (white, black, red) in the motor wiring harness as well as the cables for breaking.
By Djscrut
ramsesp wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:53 am
It’s christmas time and so here is a little gift: I’ve managed to convert a Lime 3.0 to a personal scooter.
And here are the essential informations to do it yourself.

I’ve used these parts:

Controller
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07DB6 ... UTF8&psc=1

Throttle/Lock
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07JG7 ... UTF8&psc=1

While the tail light uses 4,5V which is provided from the controller f.e. at the PAS-plug (as shown in the wiring scheme), the head light needs 6V. At the original Lime scooter this comes from a small rechargeable battery that also powers the GPS-Connection-Pack in the green box. So I removed the green box completely and used a LED-Lenser-Light instead.

You don’t need to connect the three thin cables (white, black, red) in the motor wiring harness as well as the cables for breaking.

Hi my friends thank you very much for your message. Were you able to keep the original meter? Do you have any pictures? Video? Thank you
By ernieahrens
Alex88baby wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:43 pm
if you are paying for a ride then it goes offline immediately wont the automatically know that something fishy is going on and you are responsible? :?
You should try deleting this post. I deleted the original post.
[/quote]

I worked for lime as a juicer and figured out how to keep them unlocked only cant turn off or let battery die. I was wondering if your method was similar to mine
By M20001
Or you use the unlocked firmware for the lime gen 3 so you do not need to buy a new controller and can use the
original controller and display. The only thing not so good is that you cannot turn off the lights of the scooter
but you can workaround that by installing a switch for the light.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]