An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By toots3412
I am aware that removing the IOT module will result in error 32, does this cause the scooter to immobilize? Will it beep constantly? How can I disable either of these measures after removing the IOT module?
By hawkinsjonathan90034
I don't understand how the hell his scooter isn't where it belongs? I didn't even read anything about his scooters location at all. Placing electronic scooters out on the street to try and pimp them out and then leave them (drive away leaving them unattended) does not mean we have to agree to pay anything or follow any rental terms at all. Especially if I rent the scooter. If I rent the scooter it's then under my care and I can do as I wish and modify it in anyway. Like smash then gps box with a hammer and then send a email revoking authorization to remove any funds from my debit card as I believe we would be protected by federal law to revoke authorization to touch any of my money. Federal law provides certain protections for recurring automatic debit payments. You have the right to stop a company from taking automatic payments from your account, even if you previously allowed them. For example, you may decide to cancel your membership or service with the company, or you might decide to pay a different way. Call and write the company
Tell the company that you are taking away your permission for the company to take automatic payments out of your bank account. This is called "revoking authorization."
Give your bank a "stop payment order" Even if you have not revoked your authorization with the company, you can stop an automatic payment from being charged to your account by giving your bank a "stop payment order" . This instructs your bank to stop allowing the company to take payments from your account. So you know what you can eat and what you can do... Sounds civil to me
By Ilikescooters
hawkinsjonathan90034 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 3:03 am
I don't understand how the hell his scooter isn't where it belongs? I didn't even read anything about his scooters location at all. Placing electronic scooters out on the street to try and pimp them out and then leave them (drive away leaving them unattended) does not mean we have to agree to pay anything or follow any rental terms at all. Especially if I rent the scooter. If I rent the scooter it's then under my care and I can do as I wish and modify it in anyway. Like smash then gps box with a hammer and then send a email revoking authorization to remove any funds from my debit card as I believe we would be protected by federal law to revoke authorization to touch any of my money. Federal law provides certain protections for recurring automatic debit payments. You have the right to stop a company from taking automatic payments from your account, even if you previously allowed them. For example, you may decide to cancel your membership or service with the company, or you might decide to pay a different way. Call and write the company
Tell the company that you are taking away your permission for the company to take automatic payments out of your bank account. This is called "revoking authorization."
Give your bank a "stop payment order" Even if you have not revoked your authorization with the company, you can stop an automatic payment from being charged to your account by giving your bank a "stop payment order" . This instructs your bank to stop allowing the company to take payments from your account. So you know what you can eat and what you can do... Sounds civil to me
Dude thats not how law works. In any case, yes, you have the right to tell them to not touch the money, and they will have to respect that, but it still is their money. You owe them money, and they could sue over that.

You cant just take an random car on the street because its unattended. Nomatter if you can take it freely, its still the owners property.

And for smashing the iot box, you rented the scooter from lime/spin/bird and you can be charged for any damage you do to the scooter. (Aswell as their usage terms also forbidding that)

Also if you happen to do any of this, its likely the scooter company will terminate your account.

And if you plan on doing any of this, well have fun with some nasty bills and an broken scooter...
By Sc00tr
hawkinsjonathan90034 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 3:03 am
That has to be the dumbest take I've ever heard on this forum and that's saying a lot... You agree to terms and conditions including the ability for them to charge you for damaged you cause.

When you run a rental car over a curb because you weren't paying attention (not saying you did but it tracks here) and the car company charges you to repair that do you threaten to sue them for "unwanted recurring payments"? No because you have no recourse, you damaged the property that you rented from them and so then you have to pay them back as outlined in your contract.
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?