An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
bobr76 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:46 am
Someone mentioned EY3 display and 36v 30A minimotors controller.
https://www.scootertalk.org/forum/viewt ... 977#p54977

I found the display kit but I am struggling to find the correct controller.
Here's one example that can be 36v 30A but I don't know if SM plug type needed? And then how to convert controllers display 5 wires to 6 wire plug on display?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004870053287.html
I'm in the same boat as you, hopefully someone who knows can help us out soon enough. The eye3 display is quite pricey though I can imagine there being something cheaper out there. Wish I had more time to research this some more.
The motor seems to have some weird 11-pin plug 3 phase wire plus 8 for hall effects and prob temp sensors, but they are all color coded, after removing the insulation.
My question now is: is the color coding correct/the same as any standard motor?

-thank you
By Burti
As I see this thread is still alive so hi everyone.
I found a mudguard battery next to a bus stop, probably some vandals left it there, anyways, I wanna make a powerbank out of it and as some have mentioned, there's 0volts on the power pins, and I read here it's Can protected. Now I don't know a lot about these communication protocols neither about e scooters so my question is does anyone know how to communicate with the battery? Maybe it's some standard stuff and I only need some 3 dollar pcb off AliExpress , but I fear It's proprietary and I need an entire scooter. I don't wanna solder the cable onto the battery pins directly because then I need an undervoltage circuit or similar and if I only need some cheap can to usb adapter that I rather buy that and use the inbuilt protection and be able to swap original batteries now that I know how to get more ;)
By Tomyvrb
Hi guys, please I would like to use the battery from one of the bolt scooters lying around the field. I've written to their support that there is a scooter lying there as 2 months old and broken, but they don't care. I would like to take the battery then, I looked underneath there are 6 bolts. When I unscrew them, I pull the battery out - is there a GPS or locator in the battery that I need to disconnect before I take the battery home?
By Burti
No they's no gps in the big , removable battery you're talking about but to use it you need to short the output terminals with the cell outputs and use an external low voltage cut off because the stock bms needs to communicate with the scooter to put out current, you can charge it without any mods tho
Tomyvrb wrote:Hi guys, please I would like to use the battery from one of the bolt scooters lying around the field. I've written to their support that there is a scooter lying there as 2 months old and broken, but they don't care. I would like to take the battery then, I looked underneath there are 6 bolts. When I unscrew them, I pull the battery out - is there a GPS or locator in the battery that I need to disconnect before I take the battery home?
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?