I am already reading since 4 weeks, mostly here, how to convert my 2 scooters from circ, this is hopefully my last try
First overall: I legally bought them from a seller here in austria, with invoice. Background: circ has been overtaken by bird (you surly know that). Scooter works properly, currently with an "miniapp" directly from seller, with user and login (already posted here somewhere). My goal is, to remove the IoT System, for private use only, without GPS and sim card.
I disassembled my 2nd scooter to understand better the scooter itself. I made a documentation, hopefully it is understandable for you (pics attached).
What are the steps I thought about:
- flashing firmware - already contacted the manufacturer, seems there is no standard firmware available, meaning the scooter functionality without gps and sim
- read a lot, regarding sniffing serial data, with arduino and other hardware (TX, RX, RS485 serial data etc.). Here I need your help probably.
- read something about a serial string, what the scooter needs, to get enabled, please help here, if possible (wiring etc.)
- about coding: should not be a problem for me, I am software developer especially c and c++
- read something about unlock boxes, but seems there is no one available for my scooter type
- contacted all possible departments, beginning with circ, bird, zhenzen, picasau everyone, if they can help me, no success.
- How would you start with this project?
- Please explain me, by telling what pic, I should try what process, especially for:
-- how to connect an arduino, for reading serial data (half duplex?), if necessary or needed
-- what wires are affected or needed?
-- what soldering points I need to consider on the mainboard itself? TX, RX, TXD, RXD, 485_A, 485_B
- Or do you have totally different ideas? I am open for every idea, without buying a new dc converter, I would like to avoid that, especially, because others will not fit refering to their dimensions (checked on aliexpress etc.) on my scooter
- Please explain me, if you can, what wire does what, where can I hook up some data avoid using gps and sim
I really hope, you can give me some advices, as I really don't know how I should go on.
One important thing, as I read some posts from basti: I am definitively a private person, no business use case here, no try to sell something like that, this is really for my personal use!!