An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Zentinel
I have a 590, bought a controller and S866 lcd screen. I wired it the way samzone did it, the only difference is that I used wire nuts, but just to see if it worked before soldering. The lcd screen got hot and kept blinking. I turned it off quick. I read some diagrams. I wired the lcd screen wires up red to red, black to black, green to green, I dunno yellow to white, blue to blue. The screen came on, didn’t overheat, but it didn’t work, I changed the settings to samzones setting, nothing. Also a funny noise when trying to accelerate while pushing it. I tried changing big blue and yellow wires around in the power cord going to the motor, same result. Sometimes it says e 6 error. Dudes and Dudettes, I’m about to hook this damn battery straight up to the motor, with a switch installed and dc regulator duct taped to the handle bar to control speed. NO IDEA IF IT WILL BLOW UP!!! No idea if or how I would install a fuse or if it would even help. BUT, I’m about at the end of my rope. I have 590, an lcd screen, a controller and it will not MOVE! I was going to drill into the foot plate and bolt a wooden body over it, swap out the handle bars. It’s supposed to be an electric motorcycle with the middle cut out for cargo! But I’m STUCK! My family is shaking their heads... please help me.
By Zentinel
I’m at the end of my rope. I got a controller and a S866 lcd screen. I hooked it up the way samzone did it except I used wire nuts but just to see if it worked before I soldered. The screen came on, kept flashing and the screen got hot so it disconnected. Then I wired up the lcd screen differently, red to red, black to black, green to green, all like colors, but then I had to put yellow with white. The lcd came on, no issues, but the scooter wouldn’t move. Funny noise when throttling up while pushing it. I tried switching the blue and yellow cables on the cord going to the motor, no luck, same result. Then I follow this other guys step by step instructions, only to find out in the end that they are stuck and it won’t work that way either. I’m about done. I’m going to end up skipping the brain, and wiring the battery straight to the motor, while wiring in an off/on switch, and a dc regulator duct taped to the handle to control the speed. I freakin swear! Would I have to install a fuse too? Does that even make sense? I have no idea! I followed samzone, and it didnt work. We know his way works, so something is going on. Damnit...
By SuperNova
Zentinel wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:41 pm
I’m at the end of my rope. I got a controller and a S866 lcd screen. I hooked it up the way samzone did it except I used wire nuts but just to see if it worked before I soldered. The screen came on, kept flashing and the screen got hot so it disconnected. Then I wired up the lcd screen differently, red to red, black to black, green to green, all like colors, but then I had to put yellow with white. The lcd came on, no issues, but the scooter wouldn’t move. Funny noise when throttling up while pushing it. I tried switching the blue and yellow cables on the cord going to the motor, no luck, same result. Then I follow this other guys step by step instructions, only to find out in the end that they are stuck and it won’t work that way either. I’m about done. I’m going to end up skipping the brain, and wiring the battery straight to the motor, while wiring in an off/on switch, and a dc regulator duct taped to the handle to control the speed. I freakin swear! Would I have to install a fuse too? Does that even make sense? I have no idea! I followed samzone, and it didnt work. We know his way works, so something is going on. Damnit...
Damn you really lost it ... :D You have to leave this project for a few days, calm down and start with a fresh mind. In my opinion, most likely you missmathed some wires. Check where you solder each wire, further in the video samzone have corrected himself few times. Take a look, if you did those corrections as well. Also look at the diagram of the controller and see what purpous has each cable.
By Zentinel
Yeah that’s good advice, I skipped to the parts where samzone was just connecting wires, damn I must’ve missed something, right on. I never would’ve thought to watch it in its entirety. I would’ve skipped to different parts again. See when you try to cut corners, the corners cut you..
Damn that’s a two hour video with a two hour techno song. I STILL think wiring the battery to the motor with an on/off switch and a dc regulator to control speed would’ve worked. It works on everything else, just gotta get the right dc regulator. That’s the last case scenario though. Then technically the whole “converting any electric scooter to personal” is solved easily, except there’d be no lcd and you can’t fine tune any settings. It’s just, flip switch on, twist the dial on the dc regulator for speed, zoom.
By ante.christ
Hyperpunx wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 pm
Hello all, does anyone know where to get a replacement handlebar mount? my handlebar mount is totally broken... :cry:
I have one and can ship if needed.
PM me for more info.
By ante.christ
donKeykick wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:58 am
Hey Im new and everything I know is from you guys on this forum especially SamZone...so Thank you for all the hard work you have helped me have the courage to grab a sad bird and make it happy. I have followed all of SamZones vids to the tee and (thanks again sir) I have the same controller and step down and all are wired correectly but no throttle. Lights work..charges up with a green on the charger ..green cables learned to spin but only 5 volts are released throughout and thats not enough to do anything. Is this a BMS thing or something Im not doing right with the s866 lcd controller..whichtrying to comprehend is in my opinion trying to decipher a codebook buried in a pile of turds...any suggestions are welcome..again forgive me Im new at this and im pushing 50 so ...
Try this to determine where the throttle problem is.
Find the 3 wires coming out of the controller that are used for the throttle usually 1 Red 1 Black and either 1 Green or 1 White wire. If you have soldered them to your throttle cut the connection and strip a little bit of the wire on the 3 throttle wires coming out of the controller. Make sure none of these 3 wires are touching anything else. Now connect your self learning wires together, then connect the battery and the wheel should spin. While the wheel is spinning touch the Red and the Green or White throttle wires coming out of the controller together. This should cause the wheel to stop for a second and then start spinning the opposite way. If this happens then the problem is in your wiring connection you made from the controller to the throttle. A bad joint or broken wire somewhere between the controller and throttle is most likely the problem. Next thing would be to run a new set of wires up to the throttle but don’t connect the throttle yet. Do the same test you did with the throttle wires and the wheel but with your new or repaired wires up by the throttle. If the wheel spins, stops and reveres then connect your throttle and try the same test again. If the wheel spins stops and reverses your all set. If not then your throttle is most likely no good and should be replaced. If the wheel spins and never reverses while doing this then it’s most likely a problem inside the controller.
By knynxy@gmail.com
You cant power a bldc hub motor by direct connection to the battery w/ or without a toggle switch of any kind in anyway. Not possible. You have to have a bldc speed controller. Anyone in West Los Angeles that needs help converting one I will get the sh*t done for a few bucks or sh*t

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]