An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By absolutejdm
What’s the group? I would like to join.
Scooterm355 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:35 am
Same I am running about 18mph or just under, one thing me and Samzone have talked about in Facebook group is that the wastage is making out you Caint get more speed buy a bigger controllor day 36v 500-800w or 36v 1000w and you would get torque and speed gains.... this controllor I assume is capping out of its power to even push 18mph
By vandamu
yeah, you can PM me if there is a group
absolutejdm wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:56 pm
What’s the group? I would like to join.
Scooterm355 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:35 am
Same I am running about 18mph or just under, one thing me and Samzone have talked about in Facebook group is that the wastage is making out you Caint get more speed buy a bigger controllor day 36v 500-800w or 36v 1000w and you would get torque and speed gains.... this controllor I assume is capping out of its power to even push 18mph
By Xerxes
absolutejdm wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:59 am
Same here. I played with the settings a little more but i can't get it to go faster. It doesn't even feel like im going 15mph, what are you settings at Xerxes?
I'm pretty sure with my testing that the magnet setting (Setting P07), the wheel diameter setting (P06), and the speed indication (setting P18) have nothing to do with the physical top speed of the scooter. All these settings seem to do is to change the indicated speed on the LCD display, but do nothing for the top speed of the scooter. I have verified this with a GPS showing my speed while riding. That being said, P07 set to 30, P06 set to 9", and P18 set to 100% seem to get the indicated speed on the display pretty close to the real speed measured by GPS.

Also, you can change the total # of speeds from 1-5, 1-3 or 1-9 by changing P05 on the display. 0 = 3 gears, 1 = 5 gears, 2 = 9 gears. This does affect top speed when in the max gear, but they seem to be all the same on my scooter (ie 3rd gear with setting 0 in P05 is same a gear 9 when using setting 2.) You try it and see what you find.

Setting P19 to 0 makes the scooter have a "0" gear which makes the throttle do nothing when in gear 0, if set to "1" then the speeds all start at speed 1 instead of 0.
By Scottm
Xerxes wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:44 pm
absolutejdm wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 pm
Scooterman, how do you activate self learn?
Self learn is activated by connecting the two green wires on the controller with the power off. Then turn on the power from the LCD panel and the front wheel will move slowly as it detects the phase of the motor. If it turns the wrong way, disconnect and reconnect the green wire with the power on - the wheel will turn the other way. Once it's turning the right way, dont touch anything and let it run for 10 seconds or so, then then turn off the power via the LCD.
Scooterman - once wheel is going correct way in self learn mode and I power off...should I then disconnect the green wires? Currently the scooter just goes back to self learn mode when I power back on following your instructions. Thank you!
Last edited by Scottm on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By )_0
Just installed 10000w motor controller. The 350w controller was to slow. I got it all soldered up and it is a beast ,but when i go up hill it shuts off. I have to disconnect battery and plug it back to get it to spin again. Anyone having the same problem. If so any suggestions ? I think it might have something to do with the BMS.
By lurkinglime
I can't say with any authority, but I've experienced similar reactions with my projects. If I run at low speed it is all good, but as soon as I give'er it cuts off. On my batteries I could observe the light on the BMS blink red. I made the logical assumption that I'm exceeding the amp draw limit within the BMS, but could definitely be wrong. It even happened when I ran 2 batteries in parallel. I have not tried yanking out the BMS and hard wiring it straight to the battery, but that would be my next step.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]