An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Xerxes
absolutejdm wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 pm
Scooterman, how do you activate self learn?
Self learn is activated by connecting the two green wires on the controller with the power off. Then turn on the power from the LCD panel and the front wheel will move slowly as it detects the phase of the motor. If it turns the wrong way, disconnect and reconnect the green wire with the power on - the wheel will turn the other way. Once it's turning the right way, dont touch anything and let it run for 10 seconds or so, then then turn off the power via the LCD.
By Xerxes
Scooterm355 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:04 pm
Diameter or rim size, change it to 5.5
The break light stays on correct,
other then that

that do not touch anything while it’s in self learning mode the tire won’t stop spinning just hold it off the ground and then shut off after 10 seconds or so, mine kept getting a error because I touched throttle in self learn mode
With the #of magnets set to 30 on the LCD in setting P07, and setting the wheel size to 5.5 in the P06 setting yields speed on the LCD that is way too slow for me. (~10.5mph top speed instead of a verified via GPS speed of ~18mph)
By Xerxes
One other question.. what about brake re-gen/software brake? It seems like there is a switch in the brake that turns on the electric brake in the motor. I dont see where/how that works, as there are no wires coming out of the brake handle.

Should the drum brake be adjusted to come on *after* the /software electronic brake? I assume this controller doesn't have brake regeneration to help the batteries maintain a little???
By absolutejdm
Xerxes wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:44 pm
absolutejdm wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 pm
Scooterman, how do you activate self learn?
Self learn is activated by connecting the two green wires on the controller with the power off. Then turn on the power from the LCD panel and the front wheel will move slowly as it detects the phase of the motor. If it turns the wrong way, disconnect and reconnect the green wire with the power on - the wheel will turn the other way. Once it's turning the right way, dont touch anything and let it run for 10 seconds or so, then then turn off the power via the LCD.
THANKS! i recall doing that already, i thought there was an option on the controller to self learn.
By absolutejdm
Xerxes wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:48 pm
Scooterm355 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:04 pm
Diameter or rim size, change it to 5.5
The break light stays on correct,
other then that

that do not touch anything while it’s in self learning mode the tire won’t stop spinning just hold it off the ground and then shut off after 10 seconds or so, mine kept getting a error because I touched throttle in self learn mode
With the #of magnets set to 30 on the LCD in setting P07, and setting the wheel size to 5.5 in the P06 setting yields speed on the LCD that is way too slow for me. (~10.5mph top speed instead of a verified via GPS speed of ~18mph)
Have you tried turning on the controller and pressing the "+" all the way up to 5?
By Xerxes
absolutejdm wrote:Has anyone configured this correctly to get 20mph or at least 18mph?
absolutejdm wrote: Have you tried turning on the controller and pressing the "+" all the way up to 5?

With my controller on speed "5" mine will just barely reach 18mph....
By absolutejdm
Xerxes wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:45 am
absolutejdm wrote:Has anyone configured this correctly to get 20mph or at least 18mph?
absolutejdm wrote: Have you tried turning on the controller and pressing the "+" all the way up to 5?

With my controller on speed "5" mine will just barely reach 18mph....
Same here. I played with the settings a little more but i can't get it to go faster. It doesn't even feel like im going 15mph, what are you settings at Xerxes?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]