An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By cooterjones
The bird 590 controller is a proprietary one that requires an unlock/on signal from the top controller, I don't think anyone's figured out how they communicate in order to replicate the signals. So without and OK signal from the top controller it won't let you activate the main board to ride it. Swapping the basic 350w ebike controller bypasses all that junk and just lets you run it. Hoping someone can unlock the stock main board to get a little more speed out of it.

I'm worried about swapping a m365 one on since they're 250w motors and the 590 has a 350w, not sure if it's doable or if you'll burn it up? My 350w ebay controller doesn't have a screen, works fine but it seems like no one's really getting over 16ish mph which is slow for those if you've ever rented one!

Not that I have any idea what I'm doing but I want to plug the main into a serial breadboard and see if I can pull anything from it :?: :?:
Maybe when I'm home in a couple weeks I'll dig that stuff out
By SuperNova
cooterjones wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:11 pm
The bird 590 controller is a proprietary one that requires an unlock/on signal from the top controller, I don't think anyone's figured out how they communicate in order to replicate the signals. So without and OK signal from the top controller it won't let you activate the main board to ride it. Swapping the basic 350w ebike controller bypasses all that junk and just lets you run it. Hoping someone can unlock the stock main board to get a little more speed out of it.

I'm worried about swapping a m365 one on since they're 250w motors and the 590 has a 350w, not sure if it's doable or if you'll burn it up? My 350w ebay controller doesn't have a screen, works fine but it seems like no one's really getting over 16ish mph which is slow for those if you've ever rented one!

Not that I have any idea what I'm doing but I want to plug the main into a serial breadboard and see if I can pull anything from it :?: :?:
Did you do something different to run it without a screen? How do you turn off and on the scooter, or it is always on and when you put some throttle it just goes ? If its always on, doesnt this drain the battry when idle ?
By NeedNewUsername
cooterjones wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Okay thanks a lot for those informations!! Haven’t known that yet.
By NeedNewUsername
Hello guys
my ordered controller kit just arrived and I want to follow the instructions of the full wiring video by @samzone
But I don‘t understand the sense of that DC-DC 12v-24v-5a stepdown voltage converter ? It’s called something like that, but I didn’t get where he integrated it and I wonder if I really need it.

Thank you
By SuperNova
NeedNewUsername wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:35 pm
Hello guys
my ordered controller kit just arrived and I want to follow the instructions of the full wiring video by @samzone
But I don‘t understand the sense of that DC-DC 12v-24v-5a stepdown voltage converter ? It’s called something like that, but I didn’t get where he integrated it and I wonder if I really need it.

Thank you
You need the step down only if you want the front light to work. The step down module have to be set at around 6V. You can wire it to the cables from the LCD screen. The positive have to be wired to the brown and the negative to the white.
If you watch the video of samzone you can see what he is doing.
The scooter will work perfectly fine, if you don't do that, but without the front light.
P.S. don't connect the front light, if you don't have a step down, because you will fire it, like i did...
By NeedNewUsername

Hello guys,

I have now converted my Bird One (590AE, German Version with rear drive) and firstly it worked, it accelerates very fast and rides fast, but after a few meters and especially when I go faster or just slightly uphill the scooter dies- the motor dies, display says low battery and immediately blacks out and the scooter isn’t able to be switched on until I charge, when I charge it it works again and will stay on when i unplug it, but again after a few meters of riding outside it it’ll die again, and so on... even when the scooter rides it shows „e07“ (probably Error 07). It must be some problem with the voltage wattage or so..? I noticed that the battery of the bird One is „standard voltage 37V“, whilst the Controller I am using has „Spec. DC 36V“ normally controllers have a range of 36V-46V .but mine seems not to have that. Is it possible that the battery is one volt too strong for this controller and that is the reason for it like giving the controller too much of energy when riding even slightly uphill or fast? If so, what can I do about it? I don‘t want to do a Battery BMS bypass that’s too risky to me and I’m not an electrician.. Do you guys have an idea what do or does some of you ever experience this and found a solution?
Thanks y’all for every answer! :)
By Kiki626
you probably need to bypass the BMS, I dont know about these specifically but on other scooters the battery cuts the voltage off because you haven't "unlocked it properly" (e.g. via an app). Look into bypassing the BMS and i bet that would fix it

Edit: The BMS bypass doesnt look that bad at all... look on page 20 of this thread theres a video. seems like the only thing thats going to get your scooter up and running nibba
By NeedNewUsername
@Kiki626
Thanks Kiki, but do you think the voltage and amp, wattage of this specific controller allows to bypass BMS? Is the controller safe enough or might I harm the battery?
BTW when having done a bypass, will the scooter get slower and slower the less power it has, while riding the scooter?

Do y‘all think this Controller is safe to do BMS bypass with? Thank you for every answer!! :)

@samzone Or do you know if this is harmless to do?
By NeedNewUsername

Okay so I am following Samzone‘s instructions about the BMS Bypass; But how do I reach the cable to B in the bottom of the battery board? Did I understand it right that I need to solder a cable, if so: which one should I use? I mean which material, copper or so?
anyone experience with the 590 battery bypass?

Btw also the battery is fully charged just to mention
Im scared to death doing anything wrong and causing an explosion being left disfigured or sh*t lmao please help..

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]