An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By bn326160
GandalfGrigio wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:47 am
Which settings did you change to make it pull harder ?
I modified option 12, in my experience it affects acceleration.

Below a summary I made based on docs online + my own experimenting
By Thoiboi
Got my Bird One up and running with a controller/LCD from Amazon. Couple issues I ran into and how I resolved them:
  • soldered on the brake/throttle cable (blue ends) backwards just like in samzone's video. Rather than desolder though, I pulled the entire cable through the pole and just flipped the ends
  • Got an E10 error and couldn't figure it out for the life of me but just went back to look at the wires to ensure they were wired properly and what happened was I flipped the blue and green (send/receive signals) from the LCD when i de-pin and put them back. De-pin and set it properly and it's good to go!
  • Have not yet installed the headlight via step-down transformer. I was tempted to not splice into the LCD cable and just pull a new wire to the yellow/black pair of wires coming out of the controller that are supposed to be "headlamp" but I think it's going to still be 36V and require a stepdown regardless.. Still contemplating what to do here.
  • Had an issue with fitment of the controller back in the base of the scooter so removed the plastic spacer the original controller sits on. Unfortunately this also seals the rear wheel from hitting controller so I'll have to figure out a solution here. TBD as well.
  • I want to find a way to integrate the LCD body into the existing box up top if possible. I had to remove the bell to have room to install the LCD on the handlebar and I think it'd look a lot cooler if i were able to re-use the GPS module box

Hope this helps anyone along the way.
By jjmaia
Hi all,

Just got a bird 590 and I am going to do the conversion like the videos I've see posted, but I have a question. The scooter I've got does not have anything on the top, like, the circuit board with GPS and aim card is missing. Is that going to pose a problem?

Is this kit okay for this conversion?

Thank you for your help
By Xorat
Were someone able to replace the back tire?
The motor is on the back side. It's a solid rubber tire.
on the outside there is a description 9.0x2.125, but i can't find anywhere this kind of tire.

the outside diameter is 8.5" and not 9.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]