An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By heilo
Doc95 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 am
Hello friends
I ordered this dc stepdown DC-LM2596HVS with Amazon (have i made a mistake??) :o
It's not the XL4015 used by Samzone
Can you tell me me if it will match for the front light :roll:

I dont see why not. The light is within the voltage range listed on the information.
By Doc95
heilo wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:13 pm
Doc95 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 am
Hello friends
I ordered this dc stepdown DC-LM2596HVS with Amazon (have i made a mistake??) :o
It's not the XL4015 used by Samzone
Can you tell me me if it will match for the front light :roll:

I dont see why not. The light is within the voltage range listed on the information.
Thank you heilo :D
By Acavando
cooterjones wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:15 pm
jkylerich wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:22 pm
I'm not having much luck getting the right controller. I ordered one from the Ebay link Samzone posted and got one that was pretty different including not having the E-brake plug. That's the one Sam removes a grey wire from a white plug to wire up to something.

Ordered a second one from another Ebay seller and had the same kind sent. I wired up everything I could, but it goes super slow up hills, and makes a grinding noise at slow speeds. Plus it has some adjustable speed limit potentiometer(?) at the end of two white wires. Here's one that looks exactly like what I keep getting.

I started looking on Amazon, but they're $20 more.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DCTCDDQ/re ... NrPXRydWU=

Anyone got any suggestions? I just want to get the right controller without waiting a month.
I haven't got my ebrake to work yet but I used the "intelligent identify" connector to get it to spin the correct direction and in doing so it must've learned how many magnets it had because once it was complete it ran a lot better. Mine doesn't have a LCD though, it was running slow and making weird noises before learning the magnets. Connected the learning cable, spun backwards, reconnected and let it run for 30 seconds, worked great but still overall speed is only 16mph.
Rather figure out how to work the stock controller in our favor I keep watching the forums in hope someone figures out something!
Good luck!
I've got my conversion done, but I'm at the same state. Stuck at around 16-17 mph.
By Pashko90
Donttalktome wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Anybody want to trade these for a pair of underbody lights for the ES4 ninebot? Inbox me. Brand New no milage.
HI. I can't pm you. Test me 5624999091
By SuperNova
I have converted the Bird scooter successfully from the first attempt, which was about 7 hours of work for me.
I have watched the full conversation video of Samzone (thanks dude, you are gold) and after a lot of soldering i did it.
It goes well, about 32 km/h max on flat surface with one person and about 15 km/h with two persons(around 140 kg).
The battery seems to be great, because i rode about 20 km in cold weather and it dropped only one point out of 5. This should mean, that the battery will be good for around 50 km range, which is a lot.
it is a total pain to make the cable from the display go through the steering tube and at the moment the cable is taped on the outer side of it. Also the lights doesn't work, i have to solder the step down module and check why the rear stop light is not working. Btw i opened the controller box to add thermal paste, but surprisingly they had already put a lot of it.

Again, thank you Samzone, you did a great work converting and recording every step. :!:
By Doc95
SuperNova wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:59 am
I have converted the Bird scooter successfully from the first attempt, which was about 7 hours of work for me.
I have watched the full conversation video of Samzone (thanks dude, you are gold) and after a lot of soldering i did it.
It goes well, about 32 km/h max on flat surface with one person and about 15 km/h with two persons(around 140 kg).
The battery seems to be great, because i rode about 20 km in cold weather and it dropped only one point out of 5. This should mean, that the battery will be good for around 50 km range, which is a lot.
it is a total pain to make the cable from the display go through the steering tube and at the moment the cable is taped on the outer side of it. Also the lights doesn't work, i have to solder the step down module and check why the rear stop light is not working. Btw i opened the controller box to add thermal paste, but surprisingly they had already put a lot of it.

Again, thank you Samzone, you did a great work converting and recording every step. :!:
For the rear light
Red and white wire together with the brown from the lcd display
Black with the white from the lcd display
watch Samzone's video 1h37min40s
Then press the + button from the lcd display the rear ligth will be on
To put the lcd cable, i passed a wire from below to top (it was easier for me along the tube)
By SuperNova
Doc95 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:52 am
SuperNova wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:59 am

For the rear light
Red and white wire together with the brown from the lcd display
Black with the white from the lcd display
watch Samzone's video 1h37min40s
Then press the + button from the lcd display the rear ligth will be on
To put the lcd cable, i passed a wire from below to top (it was easier for me along the tube)
Thanks for the heads up. I had connected the rear light currectly , but i didn't know, that i have to hold the + button to switch it on :D Now i just have to solder the step down module and make the display cable go through the tube.
Will make an update when everthing is working as should and add some pictures.
By SuperNova
Hi guys,
Because if this forum and especially this thread and Samzone i gave it a shot in converting one of these Birds and everything was successful(except for the front light).
Here are some pictures of my converted Bird.

P.S. I can't figure out how to get the front light working. I did everything Samzone did with the step down and wiring. Maybe the problem is that i dont have a volt meter and in just turning the screw until it lights up, but it never did. So i let it be, its not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have a front light(the rear is all good).

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]