An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:32 pm

What battery is this? I need to bypass the BMS for my Zero but the battery is in a plastic housing potted in urethane foam.
Pretty sure this battery is from a Jump (Uber) scooter. My guess is an Electisan F300 from what I gathered. They are the only red ones around here. The scooter was missing the post and handle bar when I found it but I see others like it around the city.

The battery was covered in gray silicon looking stuff all the way around. The stuff was easy to remove with a plastic scraper once the battery is out. The gray stuff crumbles and falls apart coming out in chunks. If it is hard urethane, I would suggest you only mess with the part that has the battery positive and negative. I cut the leads coming off the BMS and soldered the new leads to the connector so that I could reuse the original battery connector. I left eveything else alone. I think it is safe to say the BMS is still in control of charging since I left those two connectors from the charge port intact.

There is a gap about 1/4" where the battery case's top plate (thick part with mounting holes) joins the rest of the case. Remove the screws and the two side plates. I was able to cut the large piece that has mounting holes along the edge flush with a grinder being careful not to cut the BMS. I removed the four screws holding the black plastic bracket and pryed out the battery. Try to pry using the pkastic housing and not the batteries. If you are careful, you can reuse the housing. The side plates has screws to hold the large plate back together.

The cool thing is I am able to charge this big battery using the Segway ESx charger.

http://imgur.com/gallery/O2PsYDt

edit: Wear goggles and a disposable gown when grinding. Things got real messy with aluminum flakes and the gray stuff. I blew the stuff away with compressed air before reassembling.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]