An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Kodayodaboy wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:40 pm
Lmao, I used to build fast Go Peds too. Back in the day when the angle plugged G23LH motors came out and they did away with the straight plugs. Talk about sketchy, those tiny rubber wheels were scary as hell. ADA Racing took a LOT of my spare money back then :lol:
Yeah dude ADA and DDM took all my money. I had a full aftermarket GoPed Sport with silver frame, aluminum deck, bars, stem, GP290 motor with a tuned pipe, .850 spindle and beadlock on the rear. That thing absolutely flew down the road :lol: . Had a few of those with friends, then got a GSR Sport for a while then finally had a GSR40 with the G43L motor, carbed and piped. Some of the best fun I have ever had :D
@jamiesj410 you are probably right a standard 350W wit you and your kid will probably not be very sufficient try this one if you’d like it’s more of a straight plug and play mottor controller you probably won’t even need to change he power plug because I believe it will March the Bird scooters stock plug already. Only thing is you’ll need to purchase an individual throttle lcd display t connect to it as it doesn’t come with it as a kit or anything. Here a link for both that would work well for you and your kid. :D

https://ebikeling.com/products/36v-500w ... -lcd-6-pin

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SHBGF ... asin_title

I can’t find just the display but that’s the amazon kit I purchased and am using which may very well be cheaper than trying to buy the display by itself.
akha wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 am
LAskooter213 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:45 am
akha wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 pm
Just successfully converted my Zero using only the stock parts. It kicks!
c'mon. cough it up big fella. you shouldn't be bringing no pizza into class if you didnt bring enough to share with your buddy LAskooter! If you figured it out using only stock parts I will have a ton of respect for you. I consider myself pretty decent with sh*t like this and I got f**king nowhere f**king with those things. Spent probably 6-8 hours total and nothin to show for it. Im dying to know how the hell you hot wired it.
I "emulated" the COM Box UART
Bird knows about this
Is there a signal that needs to be sent before the motor controller sends data back? I wanted to see if I could get any signal coming from the motor controller before attempting to sniff the brain to esc signal but when I tried grounding the blue wire and sniffed the yellow/green wire (forgot which was which), I saw nothing in serial monitor.
As long as the display is 36V rated and the controller has a 6 pin or 5 pin LED display plug to attach the display to then you can pretty much have whatever controller and whatever watts you want probably nothing over 1000 though :lol: what 800 Watt one are you talking about? I can’t find any 800 watt for the life of me that works with these diplays they only have a throttle plug usually and that’s about it the only one I could find was that 36v 500W version from ebikeling in my last post link. Let me know and take careful look at the connectors otherwise you’d be wasting money on a controller you can’t plug the throttle display into
For what its worth, I took apart a 350w controller with the dash to take a look at the pinout of the dash connections. The 250, 350, 500, and 1000W XLD Brainpower controllers all share the exact same microprocessor and overall pinout. The 1000W has a few extra pins for reverse function, alarm, etc however everything needed by the display is still there. I wired up the display into the 1000W based on how it was configured in the 350w and the display powered on, displayed battery life, and was able to change modes. The only issue is I got an E10 error and had no throttle or speedometer. I am certain it should work however I might have overlooked something. E10 Error is a communications error, after a few days called it quits and gave up but its fully possible that it should work.
Cjwelcome wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:45 am
As long as the display is 36V rated and the controller has a 6 pin or 5 pin LED display plug to attach the display to then you can pretty much have whatever controller and whatever watts you want probably nothing over 1000 though :lol: what 800 Watt one are you talking about? I can’t find any 800 watt for the life of me that works with these diplays they only have a throttle plug usually and that’s about it the only one I could find was that 36v 500W version from ebikeling in my last post link. Let me know and take careful look at the connectors otherwise you’d be wasting money on a controller you can’t plug the throttle display into
Do u think the 500 watt controller will have plenty of power for me ?
@jamiesj410 yes I believe the 500W should be fine haven’t weighed myself in a while kinda scared to :lol: but I’m around 200-210lbs and the 350W was fine for me not a big amount of torque but mainly flat areas around here got up to 20mph was good for me but I could imagine the 500 would be even better but I just can’t find any 800W that has a connector for a display like the one I already have which brings me to @UnicycleSanta I do know that usually a connection error especially pertaining to the throttle may very well mean the transistor that reads the fluctuating magnetic field from the throttle is not rated for the power it may be receiving. I kinda shorted the transistor by accident on my display throttle with my multimeter and it had that error code pop up. I pressed the throttle a few times and then turned it off and then turned it on and it was working again without me fiddling around with it anymore :? Not sure if that may be of any help for you.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]