An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
iddik75014 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Is it the number of magnetics poles we have on the Bird Zero electric motor 350 w ?

Do we have to set these 27 magnetics poles for the P07 settings ?

P07 = 27 ??

instead of 30 that i have read before on this thread
Noticed the same thing when I took mine apart. I thought maybe since its 3 phases the number should be set to 9 (total number of magnets divided by phases). I dont know anything though.
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:51 am
Kiki626 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 am
UnicycleSanta wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm
Just to post an update to this thread, I found these controller types recently:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291306 ... dcbe0b7c7f

And am planning to test it out with the scooter. From what I have read they seem to output a better waveform and are even programmable via USB for max amperage, regen braking, LVC, etc. Seems like a very solid option for a quality scooter vs the cheap Chinese controllers. The only thing I cant figure out is how they expect you to cool it, as running 50+ amps through 3 packages is gonna generate quite a bit of heat.
That's awesome I'm glad someone finally decided to use one of these, just be careful not to give it too much juice I watched a video where someone was using one of those to build their own scoot and they fried the motor. Best to start very low and go up slowly , and maybe have a spare motor on hand!

I was going to order one as well, those controllers are great you can customize all of the settings with your PC like you mentioned voltage, regen brake amount, max amperage, etc. Good luck on your build let us know the results and be sure to include the settings so we can benefit from your hard work.

Kiki

I will be happy to test it all out. I have a spare motor on hand, I have a few more on the way for testing purposes. Another concern is overdrawing the battery, however there is an inline fuse as well as the BMS so I am sure the battery is fine. LiPo battery packs can put out a lot more juice than we really need. Because of the size of that controller, it will be able to fit in the stock location. Only concern is cooling those mosfets... Something I have my eye on is that you can program the max RPM, possibly allowing me to raise the top speed of the scooter. If I could cruise at 30-35mph I will be happy :D
I also will be happy if you can cruise at 30-35 - Do update us when you can , i'm really anxious to hear how its going with the VESC like controller. These things are ridiculously underpowered (probably so they can advertise range).

In other news I'm now running a Bird Zero motor on my ninebot ES4. Way smoother and SO quiet, overall a little bit of a pain to install if i'm being honest.
akha wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 am
I "emulated" the COM Box UART
Bird knows about this
Can we please resolve this mystery how to hack Bird Zero (Election F350 aka. "The tank")?

What is this connector responsible for? Should we use it to emulate UART or just bridge wire connection.

Ps. This is driving me crazy :)
Last edited by Bono on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiki626 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:37 am

I also will be happy if you can cruise at 30-35 - Do update us when you can , i'm really anxious to hear how its going with the VESC like controller. These things are ridiculously underpowered (probably so they can advertise range).

In other news I'm now running a Bird Zero motor on my ninebot ES4. Way smoother and SO quiet, overall a little bit of a pain to install if i'm being honest.
This VESC should be able to increase the speed as you can set the RPM limit. The limiting factor will ultimately be when you reach a speed that requires high amperage to keep up due to drag, but its definitely over 24mph. One thing I am excited about is the VESC has an option to set up field oriented control, this will make the motor much quieter and more efficient in its power delivery, a massive issue with the chinese controllers we have been installing.
Absolutely no luck with the Brainpower controller. I diagrammed all of the wiring from the throttle to the brakes back to the dash, continuity checked every wire and all I was able to get were the white, side marker LEDs to faintly glow but nothing else. I don’t want to give up but I’d i keep buying more parts I might as well buy a functional one instead of an impounded one. :|
@UnicycleSanta this video may be of some help I ran into during looking around about these VESC and how to connect one up. Look forward to youre findings and only thing I've noticed is these VESCs dont support displays but thiose arent always needed anyway but good luck! :D
Cjwelcome wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 pm
@UnicycleSanta this video may be of some help I ran into during looking around about these VESC and how to connect one up. Look forward to youre findings and only thing I've noticed is these VESCs dont support displays but thiose arent always needed anyway but good luck! :D
Yeah these VESCs are barebones, power throttle and braking. I dont personally need a display, if anything I will just wire up a voltage display to keep track of battery level. I kinda want to wait and see if the new Ninebot Maxx comes to my area under one of the companies. I heard Spin is deploying them in some cities, rear wheel drive and front brake with a bigger battery. Perfect setup to overpower with a VESC :D :twisted:

Im still not sure how the VESC is supposed to be cooled. The mosfets are not really in an area that allows a heatsink to be mounted, however I am sure I can figure something out.
Mattro wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 pm
xdencio wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:13 am
And now i have two☺️☺️☺️
Hello, congratulations for your two scooters bird zero, can you send me the connections of your cables on your controller please, it will help me a lot .. just a photo .. I am a beginner in this area ..
Thank you :?:
I have a spare controller similar to the one in this picture. Does anyone know how to change the 350w controller to output higher wattage ? Perhaps by modifying the shunts on the back of the board? Otherwise i'll sell this to someone cheap its not even opened i'll ship

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]