An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Hello Everyone,

Little update, We purchased another scooter and took the battery out, looking to wire it into the existing one of my customized scooter to make it double battery hahaha.

EDIT: There is tape around the "Green box" because I lost a few screws while taking it apart so it's just there to
prevent the cover from falling off, I also tapped the other battery to the bottom part of the scooter in the mean
time while I order the dashboard

carbacca wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:13 pm
images here - excuse the camouflage. am also waiting for another enclosure box to tidy it up a bit
https://imgur.com/a/j4wh2HF

the two parts i used - box and wiring instructions all chinese - beware if you dont read chinese....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Finger- ... 1a2eyCz3Pd

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-48V ... 8f12Gi1fLm
So instead of faffing about with original Ninebot dashboards, serials, firmware and the like. You just bought these two items and went around all that hardware? Smart! Was it difficult to do or was it 'plug and play' with these two items?
I acquired a lime scooter from an auction. Lime has built them very well. All the components are designed for lime. Removing the screws alone is a challenge. I broke a bit my first time trying to remove them. The bolts are secured by red locktite. I had to use heat to loosen the bolts. In my experience, it is not worth doing anything with the lime.
if you are defeated by the bolts then maybe this hobby isnt right for you. all you need is the right tool, they require security torx bits, not too hard to acquire if you are serious.
Aman160 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:01 pm
I acquired a lime scooter from an auction. Lime has built them very well. All the components are designed for lime. Removing the screws alone is a challenge. I broke a bit my first time trying to remove them. The bolts are secured by red locktite. I had to use heat to loosen the bolts. In my experience, it is not worth doing anything with the lime.
Jameskay wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:08 pm
Keelan Matthews wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:49 pm
I recently purchased this Lime scooter from a local auction place. (Lime is aware it was auctioned and has disabled the GPS and computer) I'm not quite sure what kind of motherboard I should be getting for the scooter. They look like they are old and were refurbished from another country that got upgraded Lime's

Hey there
The people below are correct (the purple scooters is mine 😅)
It’s not an easy board swap as this model Isn’t a Segway one
They are very similar inside but custom made made model from a Chinese manufacturer special for lime

I made a post about what I had to do on the page
https://scootertalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=962

Are you also from Australia?
Hello, I'm from Madrid Spain. I recently purchased a lime scooter from an auction, after removing the controller and the display I tried with a generic aliexpress controller to connect it by changing the connectors for the lime itself, but it does not work, you have to make some connection extra ?, could you put a photo of how you have connected everything to see if I have put something wrong?
The connections made are the motor 3 wires ( yellow and green, blue), connectors hall 5 wires(red black yellow green and blue) and the accelerator 3 wires (black green and red)
Thank you very much in advance
Capoiro1977 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 am
Jameskay wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:08 pm
Keelan Matthews wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:49 pm
I recently purchased this Lime scooter from a local auction place. (Lime is aware it was auctioned and has disabled the GPS and computer) I'm not quite sure what kind of motherboard I should be getting for the scooter. They look like they are old and were refurbished from another country that got upgraded Lime's

Hey there
The people below are correct (the purple scooters is mine 😅)
It’s not an easy board swap as this model Isn’t a Segway one
They are very similar inside but custom made made model from a Chinese manufacturer special for lime

I made a post about what I had to do on the page
https://scootertalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=962

Are you also from Australia?
Hello, I'm from Madrid Spain. I recently purchased a lime scooter from an auction, after removing the controller and the display I tried with a generic aliexpress controller to connect it by changing the connectors for the lime itself, but it does not work, you have to make some connection extra ?, could you put a photo of how you have connected everything to see if I have put something wrong?
The connections made are the motor 3 wires ( yellow and green, blue), connectors hall 5 wires(red black yellow green and blue) and the accelerator 3 wires (black green and red)
Thank you very much in advance
Maybe try connecting the two self study wires together (normally white wires) and see if the motor spins
Also checked you have the red ignition lock cable connected to battery voltage

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]