An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By philsocal
David Banner wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:32 am
If anyone is interested I have 2 ecu's (motherboards) and a set of matching RFID keys to each one for these wheels bikes.

$100 each.
I sent a PM, but it looks like it's stuck in my outbox. Did you see it?
By David Banner
the "2nd gps" you're referring to in the neck is the one that would be used if you had bought this bike straight from iwalk and were using the app.

its useless on the wheels bikes I promise.

its not functioning.
By Freebird
Apparently "Wheels" decided to take a different angle to "Gig economy". Instead of using the built-in technology, they just tacked on a consumer grade GPS to the back fender with some drywall screws.

Instead of using the built-in technology to disable the scooter if it is out of range, they are hiring local asset recovery people to look after their fleet.

Here's a picture of one of one the loss prevention staff sitting outside of a suspected poacher's house:
By LAskooter213
Yes! You just sent a grown man to the floor laughing and banging his fist on the floor! I almost spit my drink across the room! You couldnt have picked a better character.
Im also glad to know that there is someone else from my generation here on this forum, or at least someone with knowledge and appreciation of the old school. That f**king movie was THE BEST.

"Warriors.....come out to play!"
By Flash_beezy
Koolkidcharles wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:42 pm
https://offerup.co/lhrsn2fQiY

Look at that.
Everything works, speaker display brake light headlight
And it’s 100% a wheels bike because it’s purple (iwalk only sells purple to wheels)

WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS :roll:
One of these guys tried getting me to pay $100 for a video on how to do it, what am I a idiot? Lol
By David Banner
Koolkidcharles wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:42 pm
https://offerup.co/lhrsn2fQiY

Look at that.
Everything works, speaker display brake light headlight
And it’s 100% a wheels bike because it’s purple (iwalk only sells purple to wheels)

WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THIS :roll:
Not to be funny, but what?

There are red, blue, green, and purple wheels bikes lol.
By Draco11
David Banner wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:49 pm
the "2nd gps" you're referring to in the neck is the one that would be used if you had bought this bike straight from iwalk and were using the app.

its useless on the wheels bikes I promise.

its not functioning.
Yeah, that is not the second GPS... The second GPS is hard-wired (by a USB plug) to the battery in the main support frame of the bike. (the lower beam where the speaker is) Open up that section, and you will find the exact same type of GPS unit that is mounted on the back of the back inside that space.

The main board in the handlebar seems to be a stock iWalk board (although it may have custom firmware). The iWalk Urban 2 can be activated two ways: with an RFID keyfob, and with a cell phone using the iWalk app. The cell phone communicates with the bike via Bluetooth BLE technology. This appears to be how the Wheels work- their app just sends the BLE signal to the bike to turn it on and off. If you disable Bluetooth on your phone, you can't rent the bike. If you walk away too fast when parking, it won't properly stop the ride...

The GPS units don't work with the bike at all, they are just for tracking. You can probably disable both of them and still rent the bike with the Wheels app. The GPS just allows you to find them.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]