An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By rshust
Moto2 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:56 pm
Dweez wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:04 pm
Did anybody get a WHEELS scooter goin?
I did it with a 3rd party controller a 48 volt 350W. (small enough to fit in the frame) the headlight and taillight are 48v too so this is an easy hookup. I changed the headlight switch with one that has a click on / click off switch and a horn button (the ones on the wheels bikes don't stay on) if you order the controller with the screen on the throttle it is a clean install. I used a separate screen (but nowhere to mount it) So I am in the process of changing it. I am also hooking up a horn as they make a 48v one too.
if you get a 48v to 5v (USB) buck converter you can also hook up the USB plug to charge your phone.
AND
Get a Bluetooth LED controller to use the color lights. (powered off the 5v buck converter.
you can also put a small LED battery meter behind the original dash screen if you want.

I am thinking of making a 2 wheel drive version (already successfully mounted a motor wheel in front forks)
just need to work out dual controllers and a mounting a second battery

links to parts I used
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3304853 ... 4c4dIWoyAp
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3259113 ... 4c4dTs0Wbd
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301250 ... 4c4dGnSSXx
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296343 ... 4c4dtqhfoL
Do you by any chance have a wiring diagram or picture you can share? This is where I am stuck, how to hookup the controller. Thank you!
By Seank214
I am thinking of making a 2 wheel drive version (already successfully mounted a motor wheel in front forks)
just need to work out dual controllers and a mounting a second battery

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THIS THEN HOLLAR AT ME. YOU DON'T NEED A SECOND BATTERY.... I HAVE DONE THIS SUCCESSFULLY...
By Scottpterodactyl
I'm able to bond via Bluetooth through nrfconnect with the default password. Not sure what to do next. There are definitely fields that allow input, but I'm really new to this, so I have no idea how to manipulate/unlock it. Any tips would be much appreciated.
By knynxy@gmail.com
holy sh*t about time someone else evem mentioned that you can connect with default password. im the one that originally spoke of such on here and these brain dead individuals was no help. i would suggest reasearching the FM10257 ic contactless rfid card reader soldered on back of lcd screen. you can definetly heat up and remove/swap right out easy
By Bee-Rad
thisisstan85 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:07 am
Progress :D

This is what the first batch of Wheels bikes did, you can power on the bike to turn on the headlight and connect to the Bluetooth speaker and if you do so while holding the throttle and brake it will display “0178”. The more recent ones were modified to somehow not do this until the app allowed it - these units just have the power button painted black and are missing the indentation in the handlebar got the USB port.
By thisisstan85
Bee-Rad wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:39 am
thisisstan85 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:07 am
Progress :D

This is what the first batch of Wheels bikes did, you can power on the bike to turn on the headlight and connect to the Bluetooth speaker and if you do so while holding the throttle and brake it will display “0178”. The more recent ones were modified to somehow not do this until the app allowed it - these units just have the power button painted black and are missing the indentation in the handlebar got the USB port.
This one here uses v2.0 board. I've reset the rf bm 4044b2 chip to factory settings and resoldered the wires so that the power button is actually fed with the power it needs to turn on the bike.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]