An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By danyro
Hi

I've an m365 standard with PRO dash conversion.
Since 2 weeks and ~200km of driving, i have a clunking noise under scooter, like a bearing issue from here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y1XnlSrWRU
I've replaced both bearings front/rear as I thought this is the issue but is seems it was not.

the clunk sound is only for first 1-2 kilometers and afterwards no clunking sounds. Also the top speed was reduced from 29-30km/h to 26-27km/h. same custom firmware, same weight, same road, battery fully loaded - 42,2V

From what i could notice, the sounds is coming from ESC controller or at least that zone..
tried also with original firmware....put the scooter upside down and folded, the sound is there..so no locking mechanism in place..

any thoughts?

thanks
By m365b
So this is electrical and not mechanical?

I had the same issue with the clunking sound coming from the rear wheel bearings. The last post in the your video link was from a user named Nikola Romanov who solved that issue. One of the bores was a bit oversized, which caused the knocking sound from the bearings while under load. Depending on how you place the force to remove that bearing, it should've come out relatively easily. The fix was to secure the bearing with either epoxy or bearing retaining compound.
By danyro
exactly..it is non-mechanical.

I put the scooter upside down and rotating just the front wheel via acceleration and the same clunks were heard. both bearings have been changed so not a bearing issue...

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]