An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By m365b
I have the version 2 Monorim front suspension and noticed that there are potential upgrade options resulting from this install. The front fork that attaches the piston of the spring assembly can be used as an additional lock for the folding steering pole (maybe a separate post). However, the most interesting is the potential for different motor options.

If the side plates are swapped, then there is significantly more space to add different motor options (modified photo from monorim facebook page):

The approximate 125mm width (with additional spacers) of room may allow for the install of these hub motors on Amazon and eBay, where the distance between the locking washers (that lock the motor to the fork) is 127mm:

Search for "350w electric scooter hub motor" on Amazon or eBay. The distance between the flats on the mounting threads of the hub motor are 10mm, so this should mount to the monorim front suspension (with the side plates swapped) with no issue. I was always curious about these wider hub motors because the side covers are identical to the bird zero hub motors (RisingSun). Hopefully, these motors have a bit more "zip" than the stock m365 motor. Does anyone have any experience with these wider hub motors? Any issues with running a 350W motor with stock m365 controller?
Last edited by m365b on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By m365b
I'm curious as to how strong the drum brakes are for these hub motors:
My next project would be to add this 350W motor to the Monorim assembly (with the sideplates switched), one of the Chinese controllers mounted to the steering stem and use the secondary battery instead of tying it in parallel with the existing m365 battery. For the brakes, I can have separate mechanical brake levers or try to tie both with one brake lever.

Based on the performance of this setup, the next phase would be to machine 10mm open ended slots to the back wheel fork of the m365 to add the original 250w motor. Lots of tests to perform especially with the brakes. I've seen controllers with different setups to include regenerative braking, or just high (one wire lead) and low-level brakes (two wire leads). Sometimes with EABS brakes that have three wire leads. I'm wondering if the combination of the m365 regenerative braking, the new drum brake and the braking from the Chinese controller will be enough for a dual motor m365.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]