An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By danyro
Hi community

Just bought a brand new m365 classic, build date around may 19.
Unfortunately, i got it with firmware 1.5.4.

Reading a lot how to downgrade to 1.3.x and upload a custom fw, but all methods failed.
It seems that for the newest m365 scooters, the magical stlink method is not working anymore - i am getting "cannot connect to target*. All wires are ok, no shortcuts, all links are between stlink usb device are following the pcb marks and not the metal ones, etc. The board has all 4 leds on but its not working. Seems to be on more people with new scooters.
So in the end, i want to ask you, if i can upload a custom firmware from m365.botox.bz site via connecting stlink directly to DRV/ESC with m365rec.exe tool and bypass the bluetooth connection.
I saw that ESC has also clk/dio/gnd and 3.3 or 5v on motherboard.
Like in this video - https://youtu.be/E7WO3r9NShI

Really appreciate any thoughts
By danyro
in my case, the PCB pinout is matching the case ones.
Unfortunately it seems to be something with the new M365 BLE boards with some extra protection perhaps.

I bought a clone M365 PRO dashboard and flashed succesfully with stlink device. so the pinout is ok.
But before doing this, i've succesfully managed to downgrade DRV with stlink device to 1.3.4 while BLE was with the latest firmware encrypted. Wow, what a difference between 1.3.4 and 1.5.4 firmware for DRV ...

But to answer to my question, yes, it is possible to run DRV with a different firmware than BLE and BMS.
By boss_vyc
Hi

Do you find any solution for this problem?
I have m365 scooter with display from pro version. It was working good until I tried new custom hacks. Now is not displaying battery capacity and can't be turned off. The esc is completely stuck somehow. Tried to flash esc with stlink but always I get the "error bin not found" on m365rec software. Also the green led from esc is not turning on when is connected on stlink. Only red light.

Thank you
By Jan B.
it looks like problem on your pc.
try to remove all spaces from location (New Folder (2)

to avoid issues like this, try to copy the entire folder with software and firmware to C:

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]