An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Howdy! I just got my scooter from the Seibert's auto auction in Richmond. Unfortunately it won't charge. I've opened him up and when the charger is connected the red LED on the battery pack flashed 4 times, then stops. The LED on the charger stay green. All f the connections APPEAR solid, but I haven't really gone digging into any detail on those yet. Are there any other avenues I could explore before cutting open my battery?
Get some ducktape and cut that baby open. I bet you there are some soldering to be done. I did it on my latest m365 copycat that I reviewed the Macwheel Mx1. The build is similar (even the battery). It died on me after I've beaten it too hard :P
You can check voltage to see if it can hold voltage.
50 bucks its the soldering on the corners of the cells that have broken off or gotten loose.
Good luck mate. I did record a video of me fixing it. Altough be careful not to short your battery :P I did that on an electric skateboard myself a while back...

If you're unlucky you have to change a couple or all cells. They can be bought cheap on aliexpress for like $2 each though.
I have the same problem with a couple of mine from Seibert's auction. Red light blinks 4 times when the charger is attached, but the light on the charger stays green. I checked the contacts on the top and they are all good and tight.

I read somewhere that if the battery gets too low with no charge, that the charger will not "see" the battery so it won't start charging it. Sounds like I need to get some type of charge into the batteries so the charger will start on them. Any ideas?
Lately this problem is becoming more and more common with ppl.. I encountered it out of no where with 2 of my scooters. I wonder if they are somehow sabotaging these m365?

Heres my solution for right now.. And i dont recommend this so much, as doing this opens up the potential for fires and explosions..... I repeat, possiblly dangerous.

but i cut the cables black/red going into the bms, attached the battery controller female connector to the end of that. Then a Charger modification with a male end.. Charged it up for 3 hrs, (the charger autostopped).

Then i plugged it up to the m365 controller. As to which the dash gives you the beeping blinking error code 21.

I disabled the speaker (large cylinder on back of dashboard with paperclip) and she rides again. You wont have any batt info so keep that inmind, but she rides again temporarily.

That was the case with one battery, i tried the same on another m365 battery and it was getting very hot after 30mins of charging.. Made me nervous. I have yet to try hooking either battery back up to their originalbms to test the low battery theory but ill keep you all posted.

Try the above only at your own risk. Dont be foolish.
MajorRazer wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

but i cut the cables black/red going into the bms, attached the battery controller female connector to the end of that. Then a Charger modification with a male end.. Charged it up for 3 hrs, (the charger autostopped).

Then i plugged it up to the m365 controller. As to which the dash gives you the beeping blinking error code 21.

I disabled the speaker (large cylinder on back of dashboard with paperclip) and she rides again. You wont have any batt info so keep that inmind, but she rides again temporarily.

That was the case with one battery, i tried the same on another m365 battery and it was getting very hot after 30mins of charging.. Made me nervous. I have yet to try hooking either battery back up to their originalbms to test the low battery theory but ill keep you all posted.

Try the above only at your own risk. Dont be foolish.
Thank you for the input. I was thinking about bypassing the logic board and trying this.
Else, I got a shitload of dead laptop batteries, I was thinking about swapping them out.
I was able to solve the 3 short 1 long red blink by testing the voltages between the 10 power packs.
tldr; the red blinking light on the battery is probably due to major differences between the voltages that need to be in sync. Battery packs need to be load balanced.

Using a multi-meter I tested the 10 points to verify which sets had lower voltage and used the inside module of a cell phone battery charger pack (which also has same size batteries) with alligator clips to bring all 10 packs to same 3.7-ish voltage. There are not exact yet, but I noticed that when I tried reconnecting to the m365 charger, that it not longer blinked 3-4 red blinks. I also noticed the charger turned from Green to Red whereas before it would only show Green. When the charger is unplugged, the battery now blinks blue.

Attached images:
Using multi-meter to test voltage between the 10 points of contact.
The module I used to regulate the voltages (charge or discharge)
Sample battery pack that would have the module (if you don't want to wait or order from China)
Using the module paired with alligator clips to charge the m365 individual clusters (there are 10)

-----

Watch these youtube video for reference first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T546bISKgz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1H_AoNfjEI

This one is helpful if you have issue with Z-fuze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cdZOjR ... e=youtu.be

Hope this helps.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]