An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By Rackor
I have the same problem. But I able to read some information from BUS wire, but I need to decode it. I m afraid that by flashing Xiaomi firmware in the controller I will kill my bike, because it has safety features that probably my doesn't have.
By Scoot_Scoot
tifosi wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:32 pm
I was able to get connected to the Mi Home app after some issues logging in at first - but I have yet to be able to change the region on the settings menu. I will try again with your tips - on my phone the SD shaped Icon didn't do anything.

I just cleaned up the battery pack and re-taped all of the metal tops with insulating tape to protect it a bit better - so I will wait to see if it has 1, 2 or no Z-fuses...not sure what that will tell me but next time I am in the bottom area I will.

I am not sure about the Pro Dashboard as it has a round connector in the steering column and mine has a JST connector.

Does anyone know what type of connector the round one is? I could buy one from Digi-Key and replace mine to see if it is all I need to make the switch.

It’s a Higo connector. They are used mostly on e-bikes and stuff. You can buy the cable that mates with the Higo connector on the dashboard and plugs into down the controller in the base. At least for the regular m365 that is. They are less than $10 on Amazon. The pro version may use the exact same cable, but I can’t say for sure.
By tifosi
I gave up trying to do an "upgrade" as even with a new cable and a new dashboard nothing worked. I think I would also need a new controller and I am not ready to do that just yet.

As it is right now I am able to ride the thing as needed. In general I don't feel any more pull to upgrade it.

What I am thinking about is building or finding a scooter that better fits me needs.

I would like a lower stand-over height for one, better ability to go up steep hills, lighter weight, and less touchy braking.

I might have to build my own unit - I don't need high speed, or long rang,e so I could build a scooter with a high current battery that is a third the size of the current battery and be fine. I think using some high drain Samsung Li-Ion cells would provide more oomph up a hill...

Even 10 cells would be perfect for my needs. Then I could figure out sticking them in the steering column and I wouldn't need the space under the standing deck which would help me lower that down.
By Rackor
tifosi wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:11 pm
I gave up trying to do an "upgrade" as even with a new cable and a new dashboard nothing worked. I think I would also need a new controller and I am not ready to do that just yet.

As it is right now I am able to ride the thing as needed. In general I don't feel any more pull to upgrade it.

What I am thinking about is building or finding a scooter that better fits me needs.

I would like a lower stand-over height for one, better ability to go up steep hills, lighter weight, and less touchy braking.

I might have to build my own unit - I don't need high speed, or long rang,e so I could build a scooter with a high current battery that is a third the size of the current battery and be fine. I think using some high drain Samsung Li-Ion cells would provide more oomph up a hill...

Even 10 cells would be perfect for my needs. Then I could figure out sticking them in the steering column and I wouldn't need the space under the standing deck which would help me lower that down.
Anything besides the original firmware on the controller won't work with original/clone dashboard!! Because the information sent in the BUS wire are sent in a different way.
I bought a new controller, supposed original, and way it does. Probably int won't work, because clone scooters doesn't have a BMS with BUS wire, so it will give an erro and will not work
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]