An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
After scratching the rim and cursing the heavens I found a way to put on the solid tires that’s a whole lot easier. I purchased the solid tires after my inner tubes popped and if you use a carjack to stretch them out before you try to put them on it’s a whole lot easier. just thought I’d share it.
Koolkidcharles wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:23 pm
I just microwave for 3 minutes and put on some leather gloves. It slips half way on then get 2 flat head screwdrivers to get the rest on. Works good for me
I tried that, I couldn’t get them on… The tires I bought were significantly smaller then the original even though they said the same 8 1/2 x 2 and this is the only thing that worked my hands are actually killing me today.
madmax wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:23 am
ok guys but do you feel any difference with solid tires and air tires? 1. riding comfort 2. acceleration and top speed 3. battery range?
I don’t feel any significant difference in ride comfort… The acceleration seems to be a little faster, the top speed seems to be the same. That’s just my opinion though and doesn’t seem to be popular opinion.
Oh my. I had no idea so many people wondered if this was a good idea. I think any version of a rubber tire (vented with holes or drilled voids of air) is a bad idea and I have a back round to support my opinion. I ruined two vehicles in less than 30 days. The idea for solid tires is a 'no hassle ownership with no flat tires'. Flat tires suck. The jarring of a psuedo solid rubber tire hurts the controls/battery of the chassis beyond measure. Avoid all rough terrain, be nice to your scooter. The good idea is 10 dollars worth of Tire Slime to make your luxurious tires invincible. Above all....ride the thing nice. No matter how smooth the path from the road to the sidewalk looks...it is hell. Ride the road.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]