An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
By chees
Hy
Last weekend my scooter turned off while ridind, and I couldn't turn it on.Then at home I put it on charging and evrything works. Today morning I went to work evrything good.But when I want to get back home after few secounds it turned off again. (It was warm Today) Then at home put it to charge and works again.What could be the problem?Battery owerheats?
By chees
Now after charging turned on againe, and...after 2km error code 21 not communicating with bms...can I fix it home, or send it back? The scooter is 4 month old.
By Robert Brown
Only thing I can think of is it might be an overvolt protection thing...? Have you tried making sure all the connections are seeded on all the electronics? Id disconnect everything and reconnect it, make sure everything has a good connections. Also I don’t know if this is possible because I don’t use the app but connect the scooter to the app and if there is hey temperature readout for the battery see what the temperature is when it turns off? Also when you’re riding and it turns off touch the motor and see if that’s hot. When you connect the scooter to the app also make sure the battery cells are approximately the same voltage.
By chees
Thank you Robert.
I removed the batter cover the cables looks ok,
then I discovered that the cable that goes from the battery to the rear light got loose. I ductaped them separetly and went for a ride. After 10km nothing happend.Culd it be that this two cable have made contact and this was what shutting down the scooter? :shock:
By takis
i have the aame problem and i did what you did..
my rear cable is cut too.. i will tape them and see what happens.. if i will not reply this means thats the problem
By Johannes73
My m365 has the same problem. It shuts off suddenly when riding. But it takes a few minutes before the error shows. I turned the m365 in to the reseller, for a guarantee repair. But the reseller can not find the error (as the error shows intermittently), and will now send it back to me without repair. I guess the problem will still be there, just that the reseller did not find the problem... So I'll try to fix the problem myself.

Did the solution with the back light cable fix this problem for all of you guys? Or was it something else?
By _bodum_
Johannes73 wrote:My m365 has the same problem. It shuts off suddenly when riding. But it takes a few minutes before the error shows. I turned the m365 in to the reseller, for a guarantee repair. But the reseller can not find the error (as the error shows intermittently), and will now send it back to me without repair. I guess the problem will still be there, just that the reseller did not find the problem... So I'll try to fix the problem myself.

Did the solution with the back light cable fix this problem for all of you guys? Or was it something else?
Yes johannes the back light fixed mine, the red and black cable was folded together so i just removed them from each other so the copper didnt hit each other. and now it works :)

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]