An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
I’m not seeing a picture of you intended to include one, but if your soldering skills are good and depending on the part that’s burned out then yes you can in theory replace it without replacing the whole controller.
Sc00tr wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:12 pm
I’m not seeing a picture of you intended to include one, but if your soldering skills are good and depending on the part that’s burned out then yes you can in theory replace it without replacing the whole controller.
Hey @Sc00tr you're correct, sorry about that I didn't have a picture yet as I had not taken it out. It's definitely burnt, here's a picture maybe you can give me your opinion on whether it can be repaired. (Soldering skills are a solid 2/10). It's where one of the phase connectors connects on the other side I believe. Not sure why it ended up happening as I was rolling on a flat surface.

Swemike wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:34 pm
Hi,

I had 90% of charge on my scooter when I was breaking hard going downhill. After that the motor seems to be broken, it won't run anymore, and the front wheel don't rotate as easy as before. No errormessages or anything else that indicates that something is wrong. Anyone here who had this problem, or suggestions on how to fix it? I just contacted MI Store, waiting for heir reply.

So, for you who got this scooter, don't break running downhill :shock:

May I ask what break did you use? the brake from your handlebar or the foot brake?
Ive seen a few blow up from full charge using regenerative braking, I’m assuming it is the handle break rather than the foot brake.
GeForceGTX wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 am
Swemike wrote:
Hi,

I had 90% of charge on my scooter when I was breaking hard going downhill. After that the motor seems to be broken, it won't run anymore, and the front wheel don't rotate as easy as before. No errormessages or anything else that indicates that something is wrong. Anyone here who had this problem, or suggestions on how to fix it? I just contacted MI Store, waiting for heir reply.

May I ask what break did you use? the brake from your handlebar or the foot brake?
Sc00tr wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm
Ive seen a few blow up from full charge using regenerative braking, I’m assuming it is the handle break rather than the foot brake.
GeForceGTX wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 am
Swemike wrote:
Hi,

but wait, as far as i know, theres no foot brake in PRO version? because in my unit i have only handle break.
tronixcity wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:17 am
HAd a customer just now.. his m365 pro motor is dead. mainboard is still turns on and all.. since I I do not have motor available for pro. he just replaced it with normal m365 motor.

longer range :-)

cheers
The mainboard will still turn on when it fries, shows mileage, etc. When you press the throttle though the scooter auto shuts off. I had the same experience, but I had a short in my motor wiring as I wasn't braking nor going downhill when mine let go (also really modded).

When this condition occurs, its basically never the motor ever.
Sc00tr wrote:
I tried this when mine died, I'm pretty good at soldering and I verified my connections were solid and not touching where it shouldn't. Mine was cooked enough where I added little jumper wires as you can see. It changed nothing and I had to replace the controller. Clearly when this happens it burns another component on the board up. At that point not worth fixing.

The thick solder is me trying to reinforce everything lol. A bit ugly but 100% functional.
Mattr567 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:42 am
tronixcity wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:17 am
HAd a customer just now.. his m365 pro motor is dead. mainboard is still turns on and all.. since I I do not have motor available for pro. he just replaced it with normal m365 motor.

longer range :-)

cheers
The mainboard will still turn on when it fries, shows mileage, etc. When you press the throttle though the scooter auto shuts off. I had the same experience, but I had a short in my motor wiring as I wasn't braking nor going downhill when mine let go (also really modded).

When this condition occurs, its basically never the motor ever.
Sc00tr wrote:
I tried this when mine died, I'm pretty good at soldering and I verified my connections were solid and not touching where it shouldn't. Mine was cooked enough where I added little jumper wires as you can see. It changed nothing and I had to replace the controller. Clearly when this happens it burns another component on the board up. At that point not worth fixing.

The thick solder is me trying to reinforce everything lol. A bit ugly but 100% functional.
Is your second picture your replacement board which you then reinforced with extra solder? What did you about the transparent epoxy coating on top of the board? Or is that the old one which you tried to fix?
alasano wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:22 pm
Is your second picture your replacement board which you then reinforced with extra solder? What did you about the transparent epoxy coating on top of the board? Or is that the old one which you tried to fix?
Old one. When they cook there really is no saving them. Just take note of the old mileage and get a new one.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]